Festival de Cannes 2014

Winner List So Far

Best DirectorBennett Miller, Foxcatcher

Jury PrizeTieMommy, dir: Xavier DolanGoodbye To Language, dir: Jean-Luc Godard

Best ScreenplayAndrey Zvyagintsev, Oleg Negin, Leviathan

Best ActressJulianne Moore, Maps To The Stars

Best ActorTimothy Spall, Mr Turner

Camera d’OrParty Girl, dirs: Marie Amachoukeli, Claire Burger, Samuel Theis

Short Film Leidi, dir: Simón Mesa SotoSpecial Mention: Aïssa, dir: Clément Trehin-LalanneJa Vi Elsker, dir: Hallvar Witzo

• Like 1

Disappointed the Dardennes didn't win, but we knew they weren't getting anything when they were recalled. But on the upside, it'll be Michael Haneke :wub: who gets to three palmes first. (Maybe even next year :excited:)

Haneke winning for three films in a row is even less likely than Dardennes winning for three films out of six.

Yeah but it's Haneke. He's already won Back to Back, defying all the rules. (The one from the 80s doesn't count as one was adapted from a television series and Coppolla released one film between his two wins out of Cannes.)Depending on the jury, we could very well see him win a third time. Get an Isabelle Huppert jury and he'll be locked for the win. Edited by riczhang

MOOOORE. 

So happy for her, can't wait to see the film, even though I haven't thought much of Cronenberg's recent output.

Winter's Sleep was one I was interested in before the festival but some of the reactions to it turned me off. Not surprised it won though.

MOOOORE. So happy for her, can't wait to see the film, even though I haven't thought much of Cronenberg's recent output. Winter's Sleep was one I was interested in before the festival but some of the reactions to it turned me off. Not surprised it won though.

I just haven't really loved any Ceylan films. Anatolia was good but nothing special so it really sucks that Ceylan won. :(

I just haven't really loved any Ceylan films. Anatolia was good but nothing special so it really sucks that Ceylan won. :(

I quite liked Anatolia, didn't blow my dick off but it's pretty good. that' the only one of his I've seen though.

Indiewire polls some 50 critics to find their favorite movies and performances from Cannes.

http://www.indiewire.com/survey/best-films-and-performances-from-cannes-2014/

This is my favorite Category for obvious reasons

http://www.indiewire.com/survey/best-films-and-performances-from-cannes-2014/best-supporting-performance/*

KStew beats out Ruffalo,JK Simmons, Carell and 45 other actors for best supporting performance.

Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to see Stewart's work in Sils Maria. I was never interested in Twilight but she was good in Adventureland and Into the Wild. Now she seems to be following in Pattinson's footsteps, doing films like On the Road and this one, so that's pretty good to see.