Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

I understand you can't love every movie but I don't know, it is the way some people talk about AH,as if it wasn't deserving more recognition than the Chipmunks 3 or something.

No biggie though.

ok i've been there with a few movies i've loved!

i don't even hate the movie, i think i said in my review of it (RTM) that acting is ok its the movie that bored me for the most part and then to boot i saw a string of films after that blew me away (acting and storywise)and got me finally excited for the awards race

Blanchett will win it, so looks like the cat is out of the bag. 

You never know with the academy. Adams is overdue, Blanchett already has one. Of course, Blanchett fully deserves it, but we'll see how the night goes for AH

Fixed  ;)

I agree about Meryl Streep, but Martin Scorsese no way, Wolf of Wall Street was great.

Besides American Hustle was nothing special. Plus Lone Ranger get SFX nomination, ridiculous.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I think I gave American Hustle a B. but I'm not sure I remember, which honestly is the whole problem with American Hustle, huh? Just a forgettable film after two DOR classics (IMO.)

Bale was incredible. I don't even have a problem with him being nominated- I have more of an issue with Hanks NOT being nominated. Bale would deserve it in a normal year.

• Like 2

I think I gave American Hustle a B. but I'm not sure I remember, which honestly is the whole problem with American Hustle, huh? Just a forgettable film after two DOR classics (IMO.)

Bale was incredible. I don't even have a problem with him being nominated- I have more of an issue with Hanks NOT being nominated. Bale would deserve it in a normal year.

Yep. I was trying to decide who to kick out of actor to make room for Phoenix actually, and decided on Bale. But then there's Hanks who's still left out. Incredibly strong year for male acting.

• Like 1

The academy really needs to stop sucking Jonah Hill's ass.

Tom Hanks being snubbed was brutal.

fixed  :P

The controversy with that 'Not alone' song is hilarious!!  :rofl:

"Alone Yet Not Alone" composer Bruce Broughton is in fact the head of the Academy's music branch.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/oscar-nominations-2014-alone-yet-not-alone

& Jeremy Renner ftw! should have been in instead of Cooper!

Edited by Tauriel