Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Don't you even dare to suggest such a thing! :whip:

Picture- HustleDirector- HustleActress- Meryl or AmyActor- Anyone aside from Matt or LeoS. Actor- Cooper or JonahS. Actress- JLawAs Jeremy Irons put it once, blood would rain from the sky. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

Picture- HustleDirector- HustleActress- Meryl or AmyActor- Anyone aside from Matt or LeoS. Actor- Cooper or JonahS. Actress- JLawAs Jeremy Irons put it once, blood would rain from the sky.

If Meryl wins. All is well. :P

I think the biggest shocker of the night will probably be Philomena in Screenplay. I'm feeling really good about this. I think that 12YAS's chances are being overrated a bit atm and Gravity's is looking really good. And 12YAS also has its consolation with N'yongo over Lawsbian, so I can easily see them rewarding Philomena for what is traditional Academy stuff. I mean it's Weinstein, anti-catholic, emotional and all that jazz. 

And Steve Coogan has certainly worked much harder than the cast of 12YAS (which has already worked the circuit ridiculously hard). I mean the screening in the Vatican and all the rounds he's making. He's in it to win it. (Or Harvey is at least.)

Edited by riczhang

Well the guy who I know who is a Academy member really loved Gravity, but I'm not sure what he voted for. (He did mention that he was kind of disappointed by Wolf though, it was interesting but hard to watch).

Picture- Hustle

Director- Hustle

Actress- Meryl or Amy

Actor- Anyone aside from Matt or Leo

S. Actor- Cooper or Jonah

S. Actress- JLaw

As Jeremy Irons put it once, blood would rain from the sky.

Just made the gif

Posted Image

• Like 4

If Meryl wins. All is well. :P

I think the biggest shocker of the night will probably be Philomena in Screenplay. I'm feeling really good about this. I think that 12YAS's chances are being overrated a bit atm and Gravity's is looking really good. And 12YAS also has its consolation with N'yongo over Lawsbian, so I can easily see them rewarding Philomena for what is traditional Academy stuff. I mean it's Weinstein, anti-catholic, emotional and all that jazz. 

And Steve Coogan has certainly worked much harder than the cast of 12YAS (which has already worked the circuit ridiculously hard). I mean the screening in the Vatican and all the rounds he's making. He's in it to win it. (Or Harvey is at least.)

Philomena is not winning screenplay.

Well the guy who I know who is a Academy member really loved Gravity, but I'm not sure what he voted for. (He did mention that he was kind of disappointed by Wolf though, it was interesting but hard to watch).

I've heard this a lot about 12YAS as well. That and Wolf. But there is a lot of passionate support for those as well. But I feel like Gravity is the movie that no one hates, which is a huge success. 

Philomena is not winning screenplay.

It could happen. I'm not saying that it's a lock, but it can happen and it might (and likely IMO). 

Need I remind people about Tiff again?

:P

TDK was not oscar worthy and neither was Avatar. Though I will give you that Inception and Gravity are exceptions to the rule. (Though they seem to have been made with the more arty aim in mind and blew-up on the GA market subsequently, so not really the same thing as TDK)

I've never understood how anyone can prefer Inception to TDK. I mean Inception is a damn good movie, don't get me wrong, but TDK is one of the only movies I will call a masterpiece without a second's hesitation.

• Like 1

I've never understood how anyone can prefer Inception to TDK. I mean Inception is a damn good movie, don't get me wrong, but TDK is one of the only movies I will call a masterpiece without a second's hesitation.

I thought TDK was a popcorn movie. A brilliant popcorn movie, but still only a popcorn movie. Inception transcends that Genre stereotype and becomes much more. It's deeper IMO.

I've just seen American Hustle and it's awful?????? Geez.

It's a fun movie with a lot of enjoyable acting performances, but it doesn't really have anything about it that says "great".

I didn't hate it, but I have to admit that I laughed the most at the use of the old studio logo at the very beginning. (Which Argo had already done, so...)