Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

JLaw is actually better than Lupita and other ladies in the category so she should win this year.

wtf did you watch

It's not that I hate JLaw, it's that her performance was not better than Lupita's.

Honestly, if she had gotten nominated for The Hunger Games, I wouldn't have been as upset (especially if it was over Meryl Streep).

I would've been happy it's not Meryl, but pissed that she took a slot from GODDESS THOMPSON

• Like 1

I will say this... even with the Hanks snub, I'm really happy Abdi got in. He was (at the risk of sounding hyperbolic) a revelation in Captain Phillips and I hope his Hollywood career continues and doesn't fizzle out like the guy who played Michael Oher in BS 

Jeremy Renner was the good supporting actor in Hustle.

BTW, all the talk on how Hustle will probably win makes me sick. :sick:

jslgjfdgjldjgjf AND JIM CARREY STILL HASN'T BEEN NOMINATED (not that he's trying anymore but still)

Jim should be a 3 time Oscar nominee. It's just a shame.

I think he would try. He needs a few of his comedies to hit so they would consider him again for some good dramatic role. 

I think it just comes down to the fact that voters loved the movies the other guys were in more. Better performances or no.

I think it comes down to Meryl Streep and her tirade against Walt Disney which inadvertently affected Hanks' chances for Saving Mr Banks and then people thought, well then, maybe Captain Phillips was anti-semitic, and then it filtered all the way to Tom Hanks for that role too.

In essence, Meryl is to blame for everything. And Riczhang.

• Like 9

Leo becomes the 7th male actor to have four Oscar nominations before age 40, joining Marlon Brando, Peter O'Toole, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro and Gregory Peck.

And yet people will still complain that he's never gets any respect from the Academy :lol:

• Like 1

Nebraska, Wolf, Hustle, 12 Years and arguably DBC were stronger than Phillips with the Academy. Four of those got Director nominations and Greengrass didn't. The film was probably #6 choice compared to #3 or #4 like I expected. So that's probably why Hanks isn't there. Same deal with Phoenix. 

blackfish not being nominated is a travesty.

I think I'll skip the oscars this year.

I need to see that movie. And documentaries in general, there are so many recent ones that interest me... Like Blackfish, Searching for Sugarman, The Imposter, etc.

This is from ADF: 

Fuck Streep. She's an old hag who overacts in nearly all her recent movies, and she goes on rants that you and other Meryl Streep worshippers bow down too. Well, move over Streepites, I'm making a new religion

Posted Image

BOW DOWN TO THE NEW GODDESS EMMA THOMPSON

Posted Image

PREACH IT!!!  :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 4

I want to see Leo win it this year but if he doesn't and McConaughey does, then, well, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT.

Leo's performance is one of the best I've ever seen, up there with Ledger and some of the other greats.  But McConaughey is pretty damn awesome too.

Just wait, Bale's gonna win in a horrific American Hustle sweep

Fuck Streep. She's an old hag who overacts in nearly all her recent movies, and she goes on rants that you and other Meryl Streep worshippers bow down too. Well, move over Streepites, I'm making a new religion

Posted Image

BOW DOWN TO THE NEW GODDESS EMMA THOMPSON

Posted Image

PREACH IT!!!  :worthy:  :worthy: :worthy:

She was so fucking drunk on that night :rofl: 

• Like 1