baumer

Why do you dislike certain actors?

Seriously.  

"And then there was his constant criticism and violence. Once, he tied her to a chair and beat her. Another time, he hit her with a baseball bat. He threatened to shave her head. He chased her out of their hotel room.

Several times he promised to go to rehab or therapy, or to father a child with her, and she took him back.

In June 1987, Madonna went to the Cedars Sinai hospital for an X-ray after Penn apparently hit her across the head with a baseball bat. At the time, they had been having a heart-to-heart talk about reconciling.

Madonna did not make an official complaint because Penn was about to serve a short jail term for attacking a film extra. He served 33 days of a 60-day sentence in the Los Angeles County jail (23 hours a day in solitary) for violating the probation he'd been given for punching a fan.

It was a decision she would come to regret. In the late afternoon of December 28, 1988, Penn scaled the wall surrounding the Malibu house and found Madonna alone in the master bedroom.

According to a report filed by Madonna with the Malibu sheriff’s office, the two began to quarrel. Penn told her he owned her ‘lock, stock and barrel’. When she told him she was leaving the house, he tried to bind her hands with an electric lamp and cord. Screaming and afraid, Madonna fled from the bedroom. What followed was a nine-hour ordeal which left her deeply shaken.

Penn chased her into the living room, caught her and bound her to a chair with heavy twine. Then he threatened to cut off her hair.

According to the police report, Penn was ‘drinking liquor straight from the bottle’ and the abuse went on for several hours, during which time he smacked and roughed up his victim.

He went out to buy more alcohol, leaving Madonna bound and gagged. Some hours later, he returned and continued his attacks.

Madonna said that he untied her after she agreed to perform a degrading sex act on him. She then fled the house and ran to her car.

Penn ran after her and was banging on the windows of her Thunderbird while she spoke to police on her mobile phone. Fifteen minutes later, she staggered into the sheriff’s office.

Lieut Bill McSweeny said: ‘I hardly recognised her as Madonna. She was weeping, her lip was bleeding and she had obviously been struck."

His abuse towards Madonna is also mentioned on his Wikipedia page.

• Like 1

I've just always assumed Sean Penn is a private person and doesn't like having his privacy invaded.  I've never really read anything about him that makes me think he's an asshole.

I say that every actor that flips out at the paparazzi has every right to do. Just because they practice a job they probably like, people shouldn't be allowed to follow them and take pictures of them every time they get the chance. They need space. They need their lives.

• Like 2

Wow.  I'm shocked.  I have never heard that about Penn before.  Why is he not in jail?

Yeah, it is weird that Penn beat someone's ass for hours and got nothing but RDJ gets busted for drugs and goes to jail.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

Yeah, it is weird that Penn beat someone's ass for hours and get nothing but RDJ gets busted for drugs and goes to jail.

If RDJ had bought his coke from the government, then he woulda been fine.  But because they are not making any tax money on the underground drugs, it's a criminal offense.  As for Penn, that's a horrible story.  Did he ever do time for that?

"And then there was his constant criticism and violence. Once, he tied her to a chair and beat her. Another time, he hit her with a baseball bat. He threatened to shave her head. He chased her out of their hotel room.Several times he promised to go to rehab or therapy, or to father a child with her, and she took him back.In June 1987, Madonna went to the Cedars Sinai hospital for an X-ray after Penn apparently hit her across the head with a baseball bat. At the time, they had been having a heart-to-heart talk about reconciling.Madonna did not make an official complaint because Penn was about to serve a short jail term for attacking a film extra. He served 33 days of a 60-day sentence in the Los Angeles County jail (23 hours a day in solitary) for violating the probation he'd been given for punching a fan.It was a decision she would come to regret. In the late afternoon of December 28, 1988, Penn scaled the wall surrounding the Malibu house and found Madonna alone in the master bedroom.According to a report filed by Madonna with the Malibu sheriff’s office, the two began to quarrel. Penn told her he owned her ‘lock, stock and barrel’. When she told him she was leaving the house, he tried to bind her hands with an electric lamp and cord. Screaming and afraid, Madonna fled from the bedroom. What followed was a nine-hour ordeal which left her deeply shaken.Penn chased her into the living room, caught her and bound her to a chair with heavy twine. Then he threatened to cut off her hair.According to the police report, Penn was ‘drinking liquor straight from the bottle’ and the abuse went on for several hours, during which time he smacked and roughed up his victim.He went out to buy more alcohol, leaving Madonna bound and gagged. Some hours later, he returned and continued his attacks.Madonna said that he untied her after she agreed to perform a degrading sex act on him. She then fled the house and ran to her car.Penn ran after her and was banging on the windows of her Thunderbird while she spoke to police on her mobile phone. Fifteen minutes later, she staggered into the sheriff’s office.Lieut Bill McSweeny said: ‘I hardly recognised her as Madonna. She was weeping, her lip was bleeding and she had obviously been struck."His abuse towards Madonna is also mentioned on his Wikipedia page.

Oh wow, this is the first time I heard of this. Totally completely disgusting. The hate for Sean Penn is deserved then. What a terrible and abusive douche!Ugh, that's fucking despicable. Poor Madonna :(
  • Like 3

Yeah, it is weird that Penn beat someone's ass for hours and got nothing but RDJ gets busted for drugs and goes to jail.

Yeah it's a strange world we live in. "Don't ruin your life my doing drugs or we will ruin it for you by send you to jail" :unsure: Edited by Jessie

If you hate any actor, you yourself have issues. It's not right to hate anyone you've never met. Politicians are different as they're elected to serve us, but actors are just doing what they love. People like to act like celebrities aren't allowed to have flaws or aren't allowed to have angry outbursts like every normal person on the planet. Just because they're rich, doesn't mean their lives are perfect and they have no right to get into fights, say what's on their mind, etc.The only individuals who can be rightly criticized are those whose transgressions are a matter of fact and not mere gossip. Roman Polanski would be an example.

It's not right to hate anyone you've never met. 

I've never met Hitler. Is it not right for me to hate him?

People like to act like celebrities aren't allowed to have flaws or aren't allowed to have angry outbursts like every normal person on the planet. Just because they're rich, doesn't mean their lives are perfect and they have no right to get into fights, say what's on their mind, etc.

Sure and we also have the right to criticise them like we would everyday people. 

Also, last I checked, they (like we) do have no right to get into fights, unless it was one someone else started. Since, you know, it's against the law.

The only individuals who can be rightly criticized are those whose transgressions are a matter of fact and not mere gossip. Roman Polanski would be an example.

And you're suggesting most of the transgressions we're discussing about actors aren't a matter of fact? 

• Like 6

Sean Penn is not the usual Hollywood political guy.

You know environment, gay rights and etc..

He goes around and supports Hugo Chavez and the Falkland Islands and really as an American and simply an actor who the hell is he to get involved and lecture others about those issues. 

Sean Penn is not the usual Hollywood political guy.

You know environment, gay rights and etc..

He goes around and supports Hugo Chavez and the Falkland Islands and really as an American and simply an actor who the hell is he to get involved and lecture others about those issues. 

I'll admit that arguments saying 'who the hell is he to lecture us about political issues since he's just an actor' really get on my nerves. He has just as much right to talk about his political views on camera as you do to talk about your political views to your friends.

That said, we also have the right to criticize the fuck out of any ridiculous statements he makes. And if you make any statements like that public, you're opening yourself up to a hell of a lot of criticism and have absolutely no right to complain about it. (Well okay, you do, but we have the right to criticise your complaints, etc etc).

To sum up, Sean Penn is a complete fucking asshole/idiot.

• Like 4