Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

German weekend:Ziemlich beste Freunde (Intouchables) 480'000 admissions, cume 4.1 mio.TPM 310'000 admissions, cume including the 99 release: 8.35 mio admissionsDidn't know TPM was so big in Germany back then:http://www.insidekin...DJahr/D1999.htmGermany like a lot of European countries has a lot of problems with snow and ice right now, so movie admissions are probably rather small right now.

German weekend:Ziemlich beste Freunde (Intouchables) 480'000 admissions, cume 4.1 mio.TPM 310'000 admissions, cume including the 99 release: 8.35 mio admissionsDidn't know TPM was so big in Germany back then:http://www.insidekin...DJahr/D1999.htmGermany like a lot of European countries has a lot of problems with snow and ice right now, so movie admissions are probably rather small right now.

Very good for Intoucables

I don't think the weather had much influence; there were no blocked roads or snowstorms. In cities it might even had positive influence since it was too cold for outdoor activities. "The Vow" was doing good numbers which might have taken some of the audience away, as might "Hugo" which opened here this weekend. And on Saturday, the Met Live HD was taking the biggest screens in many theaters from 6pm until midnight.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Intouchables has just had a fantastic run everywhere it's been! I know I've asked before, but has there been any talk of releasing it elsewhere? I understand the material may not kick off elsewhere like it has in France and Germany, but there could very well be a niche market for it.

Intouchables has just had a fantastic run everywhere it's been!I know I've asked before, but has there been any talk of releasing it elsewhere? I understand the material may not kick off elsewhere like it has in France and Germany, but there could very well be a niche market for it.

IMDB says it will even have a limited release in the USA:http://www.imdb.com/...434/releaseinfoItaly and Spain as two major markets that will follow, too.

Great for Journey 2 and Underworld 4.Although I get the impression that Beckinsale will be a bit annoyed that it's doing so well. To me, I just feel like she doesn't like this franchise.If they wave a big enough cheque in front of her face I'm sure she'll do it.

You really think so? She keeps putting up awesome performances as Selene. Here is an excerpt from a recent interview. She doesn't sound sick of it at all.

Like the other “Underworld” films, “Awakening” finishes with much left unresolved. Does that mean Beckinsale will don the latex suit for another sequel?“I love this character,” Beckinsale said. “I really am proud of the fact that I’ve gotten to play this kind of rather iconic empowered, empowering woman. I don’t want to only play one character for the rest of my life, sure, but as long as I feel like I can keep mixing it up, that’s what I’ve wanted to do since the beginning is just keep doing different things. As long as I can do that, I’d be happy to.”