grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I forgot it was released this month, I hope it's great!

Apart from that a post-racial Japan is clearly not expected in the near future with a population that is 98% Japanese natives.

I guess a better term is post-physical identity.

Uploading your Japanese brain into a Kate Upton prosthetic would not change how other Japanese people treated you because non-Japanese cyborgs are everywhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But isn't that more of an economic or class issue.

The refugees were allowed in for cheap labor but after the wars the job market changed bringing social unrest.

It's part of it though a major part of it was racism as well. 

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

without a shell the ghost doesn't exist

also Scarjo's acting is bad so that's not a particular good route to take either

Cue the Chris Evans/Chris Hemsworth/Johanssen fanboys who will tell you that those three pieces of balsa wood are the holy trinity of Oscar-caliber acting in superhero blockbusters. :):D 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I never saw that subtext in GITS. 

Puppet Master is an American-made program running rampant in Japan that's being covered up by the American government-controlled Japanese government. It's even more clear in Stand Alone Complex and the manga.

1 hour ago, MrMarosa said:

Cue the Chris Evans/Chris Hemsworth/Johanssen fanboys who will tell you that those three pieces of balsa wood are the holy trinity of Oscar-caliber acting in superhero blockbusters. :):D 

Bullshit. None of those roles is tough to play so even fanboys wouldn't claim oscar-calibre acting (and considering who they nominate and award, that isn't exactly a compliment). :) 

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Puppet Master is an American-made program running rampant in Japan that's being covered up by the American government-controlled Japanese government. It's even more clear in Stand Alone Complex and the manga.

It's creation is ordered and directed by a sister intelligence department under the ministry of affairs. It's American-made in the sense of who the chief architect is 

6 hours ago, RedX said:

Have you watched the original film and its sequel? That's actually not true 

Just the 1995 film, to clarify what I meant if the memories and personality aren't stored somewhere then the "ghost" doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

So, it's a read the manual subtext.