baumer

BO.com top 100 movie lines of all time: May the force be with you, number 1

"50 years form now when you're looking back on your life don't you wanna be able to say you had the guts to get in the car” is my favorite movie quote.

Didn't expect to see it on this but I skimmed through the whole thing anyways

• Like 1

Just seeing this now. This was fun and interesting read. 

I'm a bit disappointed though not surprised there wasn't one line from The Sweet Smell Of Success (1957) which is chock full of great ones.  I guess it's not well known enough.

Here's just a few of many

I'd hate to take a bite outta you. You're a cookie full of arsenic.

The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river.

Here's your head; what's your hurry?

You're dead, son. Get yourself buried.

My right hand hasn't seen my left hand in thirty years

Match me, Sidney

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

We should do this again this year, but with a different panel.

I didn't think we were THAT bad of a panel :(

:P

it's always good to get a fresh look at things from different points of view :)

• Like 2

Our panel was as eclectic as it comes.  Different ages, different backgrounds, different everything.  Btu a new panel would be interesting.  I won't be part of this again, it's a lot of work and I can barely keep up with the summer game lol.

• Like 2

Our panel was as eclectic as it comes.  Different ages, different backgrounds, different everything.  Btu a new panel would be interesting.  I won't be part of this again, it's a lot of work and I can barely keep up with the summer game lol.

yeah it was pretty intensive but worth it at the end.  However, yeah if I was you, running it again, would  be a big undertaking :P

• Like 1

I gotta admit I didn't really like Network when I saw it for the first (and so far only) time back in 2011. I enjoyed some of the satire (especially the ending) but in other spots I remember it felt pretty obvious (granted it definitely wasn't in 1976), I couldn't complain about the performances but none of them really blew me away. And I fucking hated all the shouting, it was effective at first but after a while it began to feel like all of the hysterics and big speeches were there just so everyone in the cast could get an easy Oscar nomination. And with at least half the characters being little more than one-note personalities taken to the extreme in service of the satire (Finch is the old man who's MAD AS HELL AND HE'S NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE, Dunaway is the cold heartless bitch who only cares about ratings, Duvall is the tyrannical boss always shouting at the top of his lungs, basically it felt like Holden's character was the only believable human being that was on screen for more than 10 minutes) it was pretty hard for me to actually care about any of it.

Nice write up for both Birdman and Nightcrawler.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

One thing in this list that I don't get (other than all the Star Wars quotes :P) is why you guys chose the quote you guys chose from The Social Network. IMO “You better lawyer up asshole because I'm not coming back for thirty percent, I'm coming back for everything" is a better quote from that movie

One thing in this list that I don't get (other than all the Star Wars quotes :P) is why you guys chose the quote you guys chose from The Social Network. IMO “You better lawyer up asshole because I'm not coming back for thirty percent, I'm coming back for everything" is a better quote from that movie

IMHO TSN is one of the most over rated films in the last five years.  the billion dollars quote was not on my list and no line from that movie imo should be anywhere near a list of best quotes.

• Like 1

IMHO TSN is one of the most over rated films in the last five years. the billion dollars quote was not on my list and no line from that movie imo should be anywhere near a list of best quotes.

Oh... That's disappointing... I think The Social Network is one of the best films of the of the past five years

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Oh... That's disappointing... I think The Social Network is one of the best films of the of the past five years

Yep, you and most others.

Social Network is super overrated.

Yeah while I do like the movie, I would agree it's overrated too.  it has a few quotes from it that I think were on the very original list but I can see why not many made it too far.

• Like 1