spizzer

Monday Numbers

BD1 remains on pace for 286m

I think it'll at least get $290m, $286m would require it to start falling behind New Moon in the dailes, which it hasn't done since Sun 27 Nov (and then only by $5,000).

NM made another $40m from this point on, so if you add $40m to BD1s current total you get $288m. But BD1 has been gaining on NM constantly which is why I think $290 is pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Immortals is only doing well because nothing has come out to take away its audience, plus, even before it was released, the demographic wasn't satisfied for weeks.So, stupid move by the studios. Mission Impossible was too scared of Sherlock Holmes.

Immortals is only doing well because nothing has come out to take away its audience, plus, even before it was released, the demographic wasn't satisfied for weeks.So, stupid move by the studios. Mission Impossible was too scared of Sherlock Holmes.

Very good point about Immortals. However, I am with FMPro on this one. I thought it would have died on the vine by now. But as you say, it needs to be placed into context with the other movies.And I do agree, MI would have cleaned up with no competition.

I don't think I've ever seen a blockbuster face such minimal competition for so long like BD1 has. New Moon faced The Blind Side, DH1 faced Tangled, but nothing whatsoever for BD1. Very lucky.

I thought The Muppets would be, but apparently kids are a-holes.