baumer

Mr Peabody and Sherman (2014)

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Quite a bit better than I was expecting. Yeah, it's no Lego movie, but it's an enjoyable and surprisingly heartfelt movie in its own right.-  B+ 

But, then again, I'm naturally biased towards anything with Patrick Warburton.

Edited by rukaio101

Terrible. Juvenile jokes and extremely cliche. Also, awful animation for a Dreamworks movie, compare the mammoths in this movie to Ice Age 2 mammoth (an eight year old movie!), if I had to guess the budget, I would say around Cloudy 2 budget. 

D+ (25)

What a great movie. Most "Pixaresque" movie Dreamworks has released so far, only with the fun and adventure amped to the max. Voice acting is ace, especially Ty Burrell and the always awesome Patrick Warburton. I think they could have been a lot more imaginative with using the historical characters and eras but that shortcoming is more than made up for with the fleshing of the characters in the present and the touching relationship between Sherman and Mr. Peabody in particular. A solid A from me.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

I thought this was very cheesy, predictable, and TOTALLY not funny. I found myself cringing at some scenes. Such a disappointing work from Minkoff. It's also Dreamwork's worst film since Madagascar 3. 

C

Edited by lolifofo

Very good animated movie. I mean, it's no LEGO, and it's kinda disappointing in the laugh department, but it makes up for it in the sheer heart of the movie. Teared up a bit at the end even though it became kinda cheesy as the scene went on. There are very funny parts of it too. A

Simply a damn good time.

Sure, it's silly, cheesy, and basically incoherent at times.  In many ways that's why the film works.  It knows what it is, and sets out to entertain.  There is a definite confidence on display here.  Somehow, despite the fact that much of the film is a scatter-shot of scenes and ideas, the core relationship of Peabody and Sherman drive the film.  The film is pretty funny as well.

In a way, it's fitting my review is all over the place for this one.  The structure and mood here are so damn zany it's only fitting, in fact.  I'm not even sure this is technically what one would call a "good film", but in this case I simply don't give a flying fuck.

Simply put...........leave your brain at the door and be entertained.
  • Like 1

Rushed. They tried to cram too much into this and visit too many eras that the emotional stuff misses its punch. It's fun though and some of the characters like Leonardo and Agamemnon are huge hits, but others like Penny's dad (Colbert :() and Ms. Grunion are just abominations.

6/10

Fun time, but Dreamworks can do much better.