grim22

Weekend#s: Neeson wins. Non Stop 30M | Son of God 26.5M | Lego 21M | Frozen crosses 1B WW

• Founder / Operator

Oh lordy, after the mediocrity of Unknown, and the shit stain that was Taken 2, Non-Stop is a guilty cocktail of absurdness, implausibility, and fun. #TeamNeeson

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great throwaway popcorn fun, which is all it ever promised. :)

• Like 3

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great throwaway popcorn fun, which is all it ever promised. :)

Pretty much. Liam Neeson in mid air, 20000 feet above the ground, shooting a gun, what's not to love?

Also, Thomas Wayne and R'as Al Ghul in it. Poetry.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Pretty much. Liam Neeson in mid air, 20000 feet above the ground, shooting a gun, what's not to love?

Also, Thomas Wayne and R'as Al Ghul in it. Poetry.

My version of the script would have had

the little girl plotting the whole thing

Because that movie could have used another "twist".

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

• Founder / Operator

So what will win March? I was thinking Muppets, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Peabody will. (I really have no clue what to say for Divergent)

It's a two-horse race between Divergent and Noah, I think. Unless of course we're only talking calendar grosses, in which case, Divergent. I'm not sure Peabody will crack $100m.

It's a two-horse race between Divergent and Noah, I think. Unless of course we're only talking calendar grosses, in which case, Divergent. I'm not sure Peabody will crack $100m.

I actually think Rio 2 may pull off an upset in April both Dom and WW.
  • Like 1

Rio made $500 million worldwide so Rio 2 shouldn't have much problem making $500 million +. Noah may come close but Divergent will likely finish with a sub-400 million WW total.

• Founder / Operator

Very interesting. I personally don't see it doing much more business domestically than the first. I actually have it dropping a little bit.

• Like 1

I can't believe you fell for that gimmick.  As one poster mentioned 99% of the movies out were not meant for 3D.  But hey congrats on getting the tv.  As least you planned ahead for future true 3D movies.

It was nice they re-released the movie... it was enjoyable to able to see a Star Wars movie in the theater with my son.  I'm sorry they didn't continue.

I knew him as Mogambo and other great villains in Hindi long before I saw either of those movies, my reaction was "Why is Amrish Puri doing these roles?"He was a great actor who unfortunately had an awful final movie before his death. He will be remembered for Mogambo even generations from now for sure.

I loved him in Mr. India.  :D

Not to mention it's just the TV miniseries from last year edited down in to a movie. But remember these people literally see themselves as sheep, they think it's their faithful duty to support it. (So Score 1 for the studio.)

No, they see themselves as being the only group that it's OK to make fun of, in this day and age.  And they're the one's that end up being the villains in shows like Law and Order.

Gays?  Don't dare make fun of them!

Blacks?  Don't dare make fun of them!

Christians?  Or even worse, Born Again Christians?!?!  Demonize them and make fun of them all you want.

So when a film comes out that may speak to them without looking down on them, they will turn out for it.

I wasn't that impressed with the miniseries, so I bought a ticket to SOG to help box office but saw Non-stop, which was good except the motivation for the villain was disappointing.

Edited by rainbowtrout
  • Like 3