Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Lmao went up to 3.069 million with the update. Way more in line with what I was thinking. Nice!

Sunday will be weakened by WC, may still get a 9M opening but not sure what to expect.

I thought you were joking until I check find this out. This is like 91% jump from Friday.  

1 AVATAR - LA VIA DELL'ACQUA (AVATAR - THE WAY OF WATER) 14/12/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 3.069.292 346.418 € 7.270.866 826.459
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I thought you were joking until I check find this out. This is like 91% jump from Friday.  

1 AVATAR - LA VIA DELL'ACQUA (AVATAR - THE WAY OF WATER) 14/12/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 3.069.292 346.418 € 7.270.866 826.459

Yeah no, I thought I'd misread for a second too. Went up by nearly 35% on the first report, wtf. Wonder if cinetel just completely missed a few regions or something at first.

Edited by JustLurking

10 minutes ago, XO21 said:

The 2.2m looked odd...maybe the italian box office isn't totally dead. The world cup starts at 16:00 local time it might not be a big factor.

16:00 is basically smack middle of the day since most italian theaters don't really start playing early in the morning here. The afternoon is crucial here so the WC will kinda hit those shows.

It's pretty wild how uneven this is here, imo. I checked some cities like Milan and it looked meh - but then theaters around me are selling absurd numbers. The theater I saw the film in played it 17 times and had ard 90% attendance (all sold out or couple seats left except the 11am and 10pm show).

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

WC hits late screenings as well even if the match is in the middle of the day. I would bet people are considerably less likely to arrange a 4 hour movie trip in the same day they know for weeks there is gonna be a WC final and do 2 "big things" in a day ,especially for those watching the WC with friends

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruce said:

Holy shit how could it increase so much

The UCI chain didn't send the data in time, so Cinetel published provisional numbers without even communicating it...

Since Uci theathers are among the most modern (4K, 3D, super audio etc) the biggest jumps were by big movies like Avatar and Black Panther which is back in the top 10 with 2 times the total communicated this morning... 

Edited by MG10
  • Thanks 1

It's quite funny how here in Italy it will probably gross more than No Way Home and Top Gun combined (25M+13.2M) while in USA it won't exceed either...

Ps. In any case, Vamos Argentina!!  🥳🎉🎉

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2.7M Sunday. So no WC impact, or very little.

1 AVATAR - LA VIA DELL'ACQUA (AVATAR - THE WAY OF WATER) 14/12/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 2.689.648 303.446

8.87 ATP. 

Weekend €9,960,514 as of now with 1,129,905 admits. 4.5M admits shall be done, for €40M.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

2.7M Sunday. So no WC impact, or very little.

instead of saying no wc impact, wouldnt the most obvious assumption be that it would have done better if not for wc?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2