Lordmandeep

Best Battle in a Movie?

Opening sequence in Saving Private Ryan. 

I always thought the ending battle in the destroyed town was 100 times more brilliant and spectacular from a directorial point of view, it is incredibly virtuositic, a lot of shit happens and yet you are never lost in all this chaos and mayhem.

Battle of Fort Wagner in Glory.

Unfortunately the clip I was looking wasn't available. But the scene of them marching to the battle and the soldier yells give em hell 54 and the other soldiers yell back the same thing, I'm actually getting emotional just typing it.

The tank battle at the end of SPR is also great (although it's much smaller scale than these other scenes, of course).

My unpopular opinion would be, Saving Private Ryan final battle >>>> Beginning D-day battle.

How they managed to film that tank battle in just one shot was pretty amazing, Spielberg and Alfonso are pretty similar in that respect.

I would make a poll but so many suggestions.

I go with Helms Deep from Lord of The Rings 

I agree with your Lord.... LOTR 2 was my favorite of the franchise and one of my all time moments is the battle of Helms deep.

I also think Avatars Pandorians vs the might of the humans is spectacular and the falling of Home Tree :)