mcclaine

THR: Midnight Numbers: Need for Speed $1.1M / Singles Mom's Club around 200K

Similar midnight numbers others than the ones mentioned in the article:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning: (Feb 2013) 1.15M / 21.7M OW

Act of Valor: (Feb 2012) 1.1M / 24.5M OW

Clash Of The Titans 2: (March 2012) 1.0M / 33.5M OW

Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones: (Jan 2014) 1.2M / 18.3M OW

• Like 1

Oblivion and Ride Along, as THR pointed out, both did closed to 1.1M midnight, and ended up opening at 37.1M and 48.6M. 

Do you think there's a chance NFS could breath the 35M mark? mmm, i don't.

No it won't break 30M. It might get high 20's at best. Of course I'd love to see this break out over 35M OW but the chances are so so so low. 

• Like 1

It is going to fall really, really hard after its opening weekend and disappear, especially with Divergent controlling the box office over the next 2 weekends.  It has a terrible 24% approval rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and only a 67% approval rating from audiences.

• Like 1

It is going to fall really, really hard after its opening weekend and disappear, especially with Divergent controlling the box office over the next 2 weekends.  It has a terrible 24% approval rating from critics on Rotten Tomatoes and only a 67% approval rating from audiences.

Need for Speed and Noah are both getting fucked on their second weekends. 

• Like 1

When it comes to this kind of movies (generic action packed, 3D, etc) international numbers always go to the rescue. 

NFS opened yesterday here in Argentina, and I was a bit surprised when i read that it opened half to 300 RoaE second week. This market is mostly a good indicator for movies like this, the ones that flop in the US but somehow make more money OS (% wise), like Hansel and Gretel last year or Robocop and Pompeii this year (both have over 70% of their gross made outside US). 

• Like 1