mcclaine

THR: Midnight Numbers: Need for Speed $1.1M / Singles Mom's Club around 200K

I can't wait to hear all of the "bitch" jokes in the box office reports this weekend.

Went to the noon showing today, and I only remember him saying bitch once. I might have missed one though.

Surprisingly, we really loved it. I saw the reviews, so I went in with low expectations, but I thought it turned out great. The car scenes were excellent, and the 3D actually worked beautifully. I really liked the way the movie was filmed. So long as you're not expecting some Oscar contender, I'm not sure why anyone who would even bother going to a movie like Need For Speed in the first place would be disappointed.

• Like 1

Box office ests for 'Need For Speed' (DreamWorks - 3115 runs) down $30M to $25M to $20M wkd. Another underperformer for CEO Stacey Snider?

Does Nikki just pick and choose from week to week who she's going to have a feud with?  This film has a no name cast with a cool looking trailer simply because of the stunts.  If this opens to north of 20 mill, I'd say that's pretty good.  

Fuckin Nikki.

• Like 4

I thought it was one of the worst films of the last 15 months....until there's a nude scene.  From there it gets better.  The problem with the film is that the script is so horrendously stupid and vacuous and inept that every time someone opens their mouth, you wish they didn't.

• Like 2