mcclaine

THR: Midnight Numbers: Need for Speed $1.1M / Singles Mom's Club around 200K

• Founder / Operator

Does Deadline realize they posted a Photoshop poster of NFS with the original Fast & Furious cast? :rofl:

• Like 2

Does Deadline realize they posted a Photoshop poster of NFS with the original Fast & Furious cast? :rofl:

That is actually the first google images result for "Need for Speed Movie". I found that out yesterday while googling that exact term. Basically Deadline are lazy.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Movie wasn't even released in 2000 theaters, and the midnight numbers for his movies have never been big. 

Not trying to defend Perry still...

• Like 1

Movie wasn't even released in 2000 theaters, and the midnight numbers for his movies have never been big. 

Not trying to defend Perry still...

I know what you are saying, but there isn't much of a difference: Confession's had 2047 theaters and this one 1896. Confessions made 525K and this one 200K. Now that's a difference. 

• Like 1

I know quite a few people excited for Need For Speed, actually,as many as were for 300, and most of them aren't even huge videogame fans. The poor reviews soured my interest- based on pre screening buzz, I thought it might actually be good. I think it will do about 26 million- close to Non-Stop. It's not gona breakout huge, but solid overseas biz should help.

• Like 1

Hmm... 200k for VMars. I wonder if that's just the preview nights, or some combination of previews with normal midnights.

That shouldn't make too much of a difference.  There were only 17 theatres doing the 8pm showing.  Then 95 theatres had midnight showings. 

• Like 1

That shouldn't make too much of a difference.  There were only 17 theatres doing the 8pm showing.  Then 95 theatres had midnight showings. 

Yes, there were only 17 theaters, but the tickets were highly priced (mine was $18), and likely all of them were close to sell-outs. (Most had to add a second screen to meet demand.) I could see 100-150k coming from those preview showings ($18 x ~400 seats x 17 theaters). If the 200k is including that, the true midnight number is quite a bit less.

• Like 1