Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

29 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Selfridge is back....

rexfeatures_8269055cw.jpg?crop=0px,240px

EXCLUSIVE: Giovanni Ribisi is set for all four of James Cameron’s upcomingAvatar sequels from 20th Century Fox. The actor will reprise his role as Parker Selfridge, the head administrator of RDA, from the 2009 film that continues to hold the record for highest-grossing film of all time with a worldwide box office tally of $2.79 billion.

You always beat me to the punch Deuce66.

Really don't see this guy as a big villain, just seemed like a greedy salary man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You always beat me to the punch Deuce66.

Really don't see this guy as a big villain, just seemed like a greedy salary man.

I'm curious about his character arc, will he come back as the same corporate weasel or will we see the other side of his character that was shown in the deleted scenes but only hinted at in the movie?

"I still don't really how it will work, but I'm very excited to learn something new. It really is learning a whole new skill," Winslet said. "I can tell you that I do play a pivotal role, and in reality, I only have about a month (of shooting)."  - Kate Winslet.

Seems like she's playing a Na'Vi and it's pivotal.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

"I still don't really how it will work, but I'm very excited to learn something new. It really is learning a whole new skill," Winslet said. "I can tell you that I do play a pivotal role, and in reality, I only have about a month (of shooting)."  - Kate Winslet.

Seems like she's playing a Na'Vi and it's pivotal.

Her first motion capture role.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630029/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

I noticed that there's a Key Grip for underwater sequences in the list. 

• Like 2

I saw a thread recently on another board discussing Avatar's potential box office take in comparison to Titanic before the movie was released, at that point there was only 1 trailer out and guess what, all predictions were dead wrong and FAR too low? For a group of investors to put up $1B to finance these sequels, they must have done their homework before hand, thoroughly reviewed the business case and determined that Cameron has something here that is worth investing in. I have no doubt the first sequel will floor people and make the first movie look small in comparison. $2B worldwide has to be the floor. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I saw a thread recently on another board discussing Avatar's potential box office take in comparison to Titanic before the movie was released, at that point there was only 1 trailer out and guess what, all predictions were dead wrong and FAR too low? For a group of investors to put up $1B to finance these sequels, they must have done their homework before hand, thoroughly reviewed the business case and determined that Cameron has something here that is worth investing in. I have no doubt the first sequel will floor people and make the first movie look small in comparison. $2B worldwide has to be the floor. 

agreed, TFA is the absolute floor.

• Like 1