Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Once again, I think you're getting a little too overly confident and cocky all in the same breath a little too early in the game to be declaring yourself victorious Kal and certainly not gving Joss Whedon enough credit to make lightening strike twice for TA2 when you and everyone know fully damn well it will...

Joss is awesome but he is not James Cameron my friend... he has limits.. Its going to be interesting to see what is reaped for TA 2 though.. No force can stand with Juggernaut 2 though my friend.. Its a whole kind of BO beast.

Once again, I think you're getting a little too overly confident and cocky all in the same breath a little too early in the game to be declaring yourself victorious Kal and certainly not gving Joss Whedon enough credit to make lightening strike twice for TA2 when you and everyone know fully damn well it will...

Aren't you the same with AOU? I see no difference. Why is Avatar 2 competing with AOU in the first place, coming out in different years. I guess maybe because both will be doing 1.5B+

Joss is awesome but he is not James Cameron my friend... he has limits.. Its going to be interesting to see what is reaped for TA 2 though.. No force can stand with Juggernaut 2 though my friend.. Its a whole kind of BO beast.

Everyone has limits Kal, but more importantly, how do you know that Whedon has reached his yet? He didn't have as much freedom in Avengers as he will with Avengers 2. This will be the true test, and I have complete faith in Whedon to bring it in a big way. Will it be enough to topple Avatar? I don't know, but fuck me if that doesn't sound like an exciting time to be a movie fan and a fan of box office.
  • Like 1

Everyone has limits Kal, but more importantly, how do you know that Whedon has reached his yet?He didn't have as much freedom in Avengers as he will with Avengers 2. This will be the true test, and I have complete faith in Whedon to bring it in a big way.Will it be enough to topple Avatar? I don't know, but fuck me if that doesn't sound like an exciting time to be a movie fan and a fan of box office.

Hey Rallax my friend, very true statement. Though in terms of what James Cameron can do with sequels it can certainly

destroy what we know the limits of a true BO giant can be... When you hear predictors on the web talking

about 2.5billion is a lock for a sequel and the film could go on to make 3-5 billion worldwide... I feel pretty confident

nothing will stand in Juggernaut 2's wake. Yeehaw it will be quite a battle though seeing which sequel

makes the most noise and just watching all the debating and battling.. Especially when Disney

roles in the next SWS sequel and Indiana Jones V :).. I wonder if Matrix 4 is also a contender

for deep billion dollar club?

He was a very boring villain imo. And honestly, I felt like he was mean, but I didn't get 'evil' from him....AT ALL.

Lol you are in the minority there.. Lol almost every line spoken in the film, you got that

vibe dont screw with Quaddritz and he will kill you..Doesnt matter if your a man, woman or child. :blink:

He was so slimey and weasley in Tombstone.  I had no idea that was him in Avatar until I looked it up.  He is a really terrific actor.

Hah hah I proably wouldnt have known either, if it wasnt that Im such a James Cameron Fan.

I looked up the actors and I was shocked to see that Lang made such a change to himself

for avatar. Especially when one realizes how great and unique a performance he gave us in one 

of the all time best westerns. Aka the mighty Tombstone. :D

Edited by Superman001

Aren't you the same with AOU? I see no difference. Why is Avatar 2 competing with AOU in the first place, coming out in different years. I guess maybe because both will be doing 1.5B+

Also our film Neo is a lock for the upper 2billion marks, AOU reaching 1.5billion or higher

truly depends on if Josh can really come up with something awesome for Avengers II. If Josh

gets lazy or does the typical thing of just trying to give more of the same.. Avengers could drop

as low as 1.05-1.2billion.. Wouldnt it be funny if Avengers actually matched Titanics original WW gross, but

still lost to Avatar 2 by over 2 billion...LMAO!!  Still Im predicting Avengers 2 1.6b

I'm not trying to come off as a dick when I say this, but your prediction of 3-5B WW sounds more ridiculous than my 400M Domestic prediction I made for THOR 2.. I really don't think you fully realize just how much $$$$ 3 to 5B really is Kal and because of that, it's not happening, at least not as much as you confidentally claim it will and I WILL bet you on that aspect of it that under no circumstances will this movie or TA2 reach some stupid number of 3 to 5B WW.. Sorry, but you need to rethink that..

Avatar was 300M off 3B, way more closer than 400M for TDW.

You just said 3 to 5 Billion and now you knock it down to 3.7 Billion which sounds like such a random number...

Do you predict 1B even or 1.3B how is that any more random than 3.7B? 3-5B is Kal's range, 3.7B I am guessing is his actual predict.

Edited by Neo

Also our film Neo is a lock for the upper 2billion marks, AOU reaching 1.5billion or higher

truly depends on if Josh can really come up with something awesome for Avengers II. If Josh

gets lazy or does the typical thing of just trying to give more of the same.. Avengers could drop

as low as 1.05-1.2billion.. Wouldnt it be funny if Avengers actually matched Titanics original WW gross, but

still lost to Avatar 2 by over 2 billion...LMAO!!  Still Im predicting Avengers 2 1.6b

Don't think that low, can see it going down to 1.3B. In all honesty I see it increasing WW at least due to the OS.

• Like 1

This thread has made me want to watch Avatar again. The 3D looks pretty Damn good on my tv, definitely a reference quality 3D blu ray (shockingly)

Hey Hey FTW... Glad we have all reignited your sparks for all things Pandora my friend.. Heh heh come in and share your thoughts.

Any predicts for Juggernaut 2 2015/2016 ?... Its still holds the standard for at home 3D done right thanks to James Cameron personally supervising things for the Home Version.