Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

31 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

My original prediction, ironically, was even closer: 206m. (My OW was a couple million lower, though).

I never predicted ALVIN or IRON MAN -- wasn't interested enough in either to do it. To be honest, though, I would've under-predicted IRON MAN.

I predicted 350 for it and 590m we. It got 315. Many definitely predicted 150-220m. That was another all moment.  I'm glad mos wasn't a superman returns I must add.  The battling was epic,  could have won if singer wasnt so hung up on Donner era.  Lol  pirates fans never let me or fellow kalel fandom forget it.  Bkb obviously hasn't seen force awakens os tally.  Lol beat Avatar.  Surely you jest.  Lol

What range you guys expect for avtr2s ow. Keep in mind the mind boggling br and DVD sales.  The anticipation of James next big thing.  The hype of the rumoured avatar 2 day.  Wouldn't it be crazy despite the long running time that it still broke the ow record.  But this beyond mighty Cameron film may miss the ow record and hit 170 to 200 plus million but get that multiplier that is just a Cameron exclusive. Silly baumerfett stated we can't get a 6x to 7 X multi with an ow of 160 to 200 m plus.  We will see about that.  Cameron breaks the rules. 

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

What range you guys expect for avtr2s ow. Keep in mind the mind boggling br and DVD sales.  The anticipation of James next big thing.  The hype of the rumoured avatar 2 day.  Wouldn't it be crazy despite the long running time that it still broke the ow record.  But this beyond mighty Cameron film may miss the ow record and hit 170 to 200 plus million but get that multiplier that is just a Cameron exclusive. Silly baumerfett stated we can't get a 6x to 7 X multi with an ow of 160 to 200 m plus.  We will see about that.  Cameron breaks the rules. 

You want a serious answer to that? 

90-100 seems likely for its OW. All bets are off for whatever its multi is, at least right now. 

6 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

yikes after the buzz the first movie got? fuck that lol

TFA was the major exception to the rule. I'm sure December OWs will remain largely very muted affairs. And honestly I think it would open lower than that if marketing isn't great like the first movie. It will take a lot of convincing again now that 90% of the people who saw the first have all but forgotten about it. 

22 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

130-140M

Just now, angeldelmito said:

I honestly think that all predictions rn are too unreasonably hasty. The last film was 6 years ago, and the next one wont come out for another 2 years. We wont be able to actually tell anything until that teaser drops and we see the actual hype for this.

This is true too. I am mainly basing my prediction on how I think the marketing will go. Which I do think will go well, and it will have to in order to put butts back in the seats on OW. Either way, this will mainly be a live or die by WOM affair like his previous 2 movies. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TFA was the major exception to the rule. I'm sure December OWs will remain largely very muted affairs. And honestly I think it would open lower than that if marketing isn't great like the first movie. It will take a lot of convincing again now that 90% of the people who saw the first have all but forgotten about it. 

Lol Avatar.   Dude your crazy movie fan.  Lol my brother is watching this 10 times and so is his wifey.  Lol  nearly 100 m active FB page moviefan. Supported by Americans,  Indians.  Haha haha.  Cameron comes with the epic and destroys everything. No filmmaker is more supported.  To go beyond 4b we it will need to be great.  It's a near lock as it is to beat titanic and awakens just by all hv sales and demographics  ranging from 5 to 90. Another thing sws can't do moviefan. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is true too. I am mainly basing my prediction on how I think the marketing will go. Which I do think will go well, and it will have to in order to put butts back in the seats on OW. Either way, this will mainly be a live or die by WOM affair like his previous 2 movies. 

Lol we all know how the previous films  performed lol. Force is through 

. This is James 's himself I think.  Can he shatter domestic and os limits yet again.  Next sws may drop like aotc. So enjoy this run. Unless they fix the flaw of messing with ot. No mighty bo glory anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Kal, the people that hate SW are a tiny minority... and you're the first person I've heard who thinks they didn't respect the OT and characters. 

Fandango buyers just voted it the best movie of the year, for example. 

I don't know why you bother trying to talk to him like a normal, reasonable person.  Avatar thread Kal is legit insane Kal.  TFA blowing past Avatar domestically in only a few weeks have destroyed any sanity he had left in him.  He is gone, lost forever.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2