Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:
6 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Since this isn't in production why isn't this thread located within the On the Lot forum anyway.

We have a director and a release date, and production is about to start.

Kinda weird isn't it? We finally have a director and a release date, and production is about to start, after 6 years.:ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

We still don't really have a release date. Fox never officially set one and I don't think they will until it actually starts production. Though the most recent timetable Cameron gave has been the shortest yet so we may finally be getting somewhere

I'm worried : (

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

We still don't really have a release date. Fox never officially set one and I don't think they will until it actually starts production. Though the most recent timetable Cameron gave has been the shortest yet so we may finally be getting somewhere

Fox hasn't given an official date but Cameron said in a recent interview that 2017 is the target which makes sense since they start production this year.

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still give it like 15% chance it hits 2017. And about 50% chance it hits 2018 for that matter. 

No way, 2018 is the absolute maximum. You're looking at less than 1% chance of that happening not a 35% chance.

9 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still give it like 15% chance it hits 2017. And about 50% chance it hits 2018 for that matter. 

Agreed.

I have not seen reliable recent reporting which suggests production will start in 2016. Cameron has been saying "we're just putting the finishing touches on the sets and script" for years. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.slashfilm.com/james-cameron-on-avatar-2-release-date-and-production-status/

"Christmas of ’17 is the target…At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart. I call it a meta-narrative that runs across the three movies. Each film stands alone, but it also tells one much larger story.”

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Agreed.

I have not seen reliable recent reporting which suggests production will start in 2016. Cameron has been saying "we're just putting the finishing touches on the sets and script" for years. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.slashfilm.com/james-cameron-on-avatar-2-release-date-and-production-status/

"Christmas of ’17 is the target…At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart. I call it a meta-narrative that runs across the three movies. Each film stands alone, but it also tells one much larger story.”

From that same interview:

“We have design more or less finished, which is an enormous task. It’s been about a two-year task. (We’ve finished) all the creatures and the landscapes, and the new worlds within the world of Pandora that you see. The writing is ongoing, but almost finished. Technical development is done. Stages are done. Infrastructure. So we’re really poised to start after the first of the year."

But as I said before that could mean anything. If we don't hear anything else by the end of this month it probably should go "on the lot" until we do hear something, as it should've been

Edited by tribefan695

Just now, Telemachos said:

It was never "supposed" to do anything, it's just been rumored for, well, forever.

But in any case, now it's being developed by Robert Rodriguez with Cameron producing.

Ahh, I heard about them collaborating, didn't know it was about this movie. 

• Like 1