Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

JAMES CAMERON DOES JAMES CAMERON BECAUSE JAMES CAMERON or something like that.

As I said before,Cameron needs this time for his Avatar movies (9 years after the first film and 14 years for the last one), he was talking about the Moore Law before you were even born, he knows how these things work.

When he discusses this stuff with Joe Leterri, we probably wouldn't even understand a word.

I am telling you he s going after the uncanny valley, this is the last frontier, Cameron knows it, there s no other way to go but he s going there because he s James Fucking Cameron.

He s gonna drive the Weta Digital guys absolutely mental.

Take A bow and feel privileged to live during the Cameron Age.

You will tell the Stories to your grand kids by the fire.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

If they're targeting Winter 2018, things are well underway, regardless of whether it's technically deemed "production" or not.

Is it my imagination, or has the lead time from filming to release gotten shorter and shorter over the years for big-budget tentpoles?  

I'm kind of amazed that all the MCU films can finish shooting and then be released less than a year later.  Heck, Ant-Man started shooting less than a year before it came out.  

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Since none of us have any idea of the sort of total story planned, it seems extremely silly to say that.

We don't need 4 Avatar sequels.  :ph34r:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Is it my imagination, or has the lead time from filming to release gotten shorter and shorter over the years for big-budget tentpoles?  

I'm kind of amazed that all the MCU films can finish shooting and then be released less than a year later.  Heck, Ant-Man started shooting less than a year before it came out.  

Tele secretly edits all the Marvel films.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Baumer, you'll be shitting your pants with your mouth wide open... four times.

Speaking of shit...
  • Like 3

I'm really curious what the movies are gonna be about and how the humans factor into them. I gotta admit, four more movies seems a lot for this type of setting, where can they possibly go with the stories? Is it just gonna be a back and forth with the humans or something else? The Star Wars equivalent would be five movies about the Ewoks. I dunno about that. I guess that's (one reason) why i'm not a filmmaker....

4 sequels? I mean I guess that could work maybe, hopefully they go to more worlds than just Pandora... and more then just blue people, Avatar 2 I'm excited for. other than that meh...

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

If they're targeting Winter 2018, things are well underway, regardless of whether it's technically deemed "production" or not.

Man, I hope you look forward to repeating this bit about how Avatar doesn't fit into normal production cycles for the next two years, because people really aren't going to get it.

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Well, you can do that rapid production cycle if you don't care about quality.

4 hours ago, kitik said:

Has anybody seen Iron Jimbo in the past hour?

Somebody should check the local emergency rooms for reports of a John Doe passed out in the middle of the street.

I literally just read the news 5 minutes ok.

AVATAR is going to be the greatest film series of all TIME.

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I'm unabashedly delighted about this.

SAME

• Like 1

“The next time I see you will be on Pandora,”  - Cameron

Love this guy, so dedicated.

Also he acknowledges that going to see Avatar in cinema is literal kino which tranports your mind and body to another planet.

• Like 1