Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

Cameron also spoke about using 3D more aggressively. In the original he tried to be more subtle because he wasn't sure how people would react to an almost 3 hour stretch of 3D.

The major thing I've taken away from what Jim has been saying about 3D and my local cinema does this, is that cinemas run the projectors at lower power level's to save bulb life. I'm getting a 1/4 of the light level needed to experience 3D through the glasses at the same brightness as a 2D film and it pisses me off.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The major thing I've taken away from what Jim has been saying about 3D and my local cinema does this, is that cinemas run the projectors at lower power level's to save bulb life. I'm getting a 1/4 of the light level needed to experience 3D through the glasses at the same brightness as a 2D film and it pisses me off.

That is something JC and his team have zero control over, they can have all the recommended guidelines for exhibition they want but theatre owners make the last call. The IMAX theatre that I go to is pretty good though, 3D looks reasonably sharp and clear, Cineplex on the other hand....yeah turn up the wattage a little 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Bingo. 3D laser IMAX is still the best 3D I've seen although I'll choose 2D any day. I hope that glass-free 3D, autostereoscopy will be ready for Avatar 2, I'm sure it's the plan.

1 minute ago, Deuce66 said:

That is something JC and his team have zero control over, they can have all the recommended guidelines for exhibition they want but theatre owners make the last call. The IMAX theatre that I go to is pretty good though, 3D looks reasonably sharp and clear, Cineplex on the other hand....yeah turn up the wattage a little 

I'll RIOT if my Avatar 2 screen is dim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Bingo. 3D laser IMAX is still the best 3D I've seen although I'll choose 2D any day. I hope that glass-free 3D, autostereoscopy will be ready for Avatar 2, I'm sure it's the plan.

Thats not going to happen for Avatar 2. It's possible for Avatar 4 and 5 though (2024 and 2025)

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I don’t think that technology is anywhere close to being ready. It’s years and years away, at best. 

BILLY LYNN in 4K 3D at 120fps with laser projection was revelatory. 

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I'll RIOT if my Avatar 2 screen is dim.

Your best bet is to go to an IMAX.

I'm sure quite a bit of the negativity in regards to 3D could have been avoided if cinema owners did their job. There's a lot of botching going on but in 2D nobody gives a crap if the picture is not 100% sharp whereas 3D is much less forgivable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Your best bet is to go to an IMAX.

I'm sure quite a bit of the negativity in regards to 3D could have been avoided if cinema owners did their job. There's a lot of botching going on but in 2D nobody gives a crap if the picture is not 100% sharp whereas 3D is much less forgivable.

As soon as IMAX Alita tickets become available I'll snatch them up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I don’t think that technology is anywhere close to being ready. It’s years and years away, at best. 

BILLY LYNN in 4K 3D at 120fps with laser projection was revelatory. 

He's talked about it back in 2017 but there doesn't seem to have a been a lot of movement in that area indeed. We'll see. 

• Like 1

Keean Johnson (Hugo in Alita) botched his first date because he took her to see Avatar in cinema.

He completely forgot about the girl because Avatar was so enthralling.

Moral of story.. Avatar > girls > other movies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2018 at 6:46 AM, IronJimbo said:

New Avatar logo smacked dead center on the latest Alita tv spot.

A blessed 2019 to you Jimbo . and ournavatar fan family..have to take a look at the new Juggernaut 2020 logo..

"Outstanding!"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

He's talked about it back in 2017 but there doesn't seem to have a been a lot of movement in that area indeed. We'll see. 

4dx blows the pants off any 3d experience. Love it..realistic storm effects. Theaters seats that throw one around so effectively some people throw up, heat, you can smell some scenes and more.. In NYC we have 2 theaters so far. Once a good 4dx comes into your area all, youll never want to watch regular 3d theaters again!

Avatar 2 will have folks in theaters for months if 4dx gets more venues across the world....wow

About to watch Aquaman or Mr glass in this format.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

4dx blows the pants off any 3d experience. Love it..realistic storm effects. Theaters seats that throw one around so effectively some people throw up, heat, you can smell some scenes and more.. In NYC we have 2 theaters so far. Once a good 4dx comes into your area all, youll never want to watch regular 3d theaters again!

Avatar 2 will have folks in theaters for months if 4dx gets more venues across the world....wow

And how much will those tickets cost, lol? If AVATAR 2 breaks records we'll know a big reason why. Cameron makes awesome movies, no question but with AVATAR came inflated ticket prices due to the 3D craze it started. If 4DX is the big thing that comes along with AVATAR 2 and everyone is paying $20+ a ticket, well yeah, the totals are going to be massive.

35 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I imagine they would re-run Avatar at 4dx cinemas, I need to check it out.

Good to see you poppin back it now and then Kal, going to need you in late 2020 to help fend of the haters. Happy new year to you and all Pandorans

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I imagine they would re-run Avatar at 4dx cinemas, I need to check it out.

Good to see you poppin back it now and then Kal, going to need you in late 2020 to help fend of the haters. Happy new year to you and all Pandorans

Tyty. Trying to be more active my friend. Yes indeed captain if all goes well and avrt2 blows away sws domestic and hits 3-4 billion os, them haters will be trying to reap the worldwind in our forum.

In the end thats okay....We'll show em iron.Jimbo now and forever....Thissss is our land!!!! Pandorian forever!!

700-800+m usd in China alone??  Can juggernaut 2020 push the 2nd biggest bo territory records to levels beyond imagination.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

And how much will those tickets cost, lol? If AVATAR 2 breaks records we'll know a big reason why. Cameron makes awesome movies, no question but with AVATAR came inflated ticket prices due to the 3D craze it started. If 4DX is the big thing that comes along with AVATAR 2 and everyone is paying $20+ a ticket, well yeah, the totals are going to be massive.

Same people who travel with jcs titanic and avatar, aliens, t2 etc. Still going to equal to bigger tickets sales than all of the juggernauts accept Cameron's own Titanic in one run. Cameron's 3 peat.complete domestic and world breaker looks ready to show what a true master of filmmaking and a fanbase like no other is truly capable of Jb33