Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Folks are overestimating the significance of the underwater stuff in Avatar 2. I believe the producer said in an interview a while ago the sequel won't be "the film that takes place underwater". That stuff is gonna be a part of it, yes, but a relatively minor part.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I realize that I’m probably going to get all the crap in the world for asking this on a forum like this, but is it possible that Aquaman kind of stole at least some of this movie’s thunder? 

I don't think so, it has cemented my belief that China loves underwater stuff though. Jim knows exactly what he's doing. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I realize that I’m probably going to get all the crap in the world for asking this on a forum like this, but is it possible that Aquaman kind of stole at least some of this movie’s thunder? 

None, the underwater performance capture technology that they're working on with WETA will be exclusive use for a while, once Jim is done with it then you'll see it being used in other movies that require that sort of thing. 

Second issue we're just under two years away....people have very short memories and Aquaman will be in the rear view mirror by then. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I don't think so, it has cemented my belief that China loves underwater stuff though. Jim knows exactly what he's doing. 

Exactly Aquaman is already at $233 million in China, I expect Avatar to double or triple whatever AQ finishes with, assuming it doesn't get pulled from theatres in China for political reasons. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

AQUAMAN is pretty terrible, but the visuals are fine (although IMO a lot of the aesthetic seemed inspired by AVATAR in the first place).

Avatar's inspired a lot of films.

So Aquaman is a run of the mill superhero movie? Why doesn't that suprise me. Where are the killer blockbusters... does Jim have to do everything...

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

AQUAMAN is pretty terrible, but the visuals are fine (although IMO a lot of the aesthetic seemed inspired by AVATAR in the first place).

In case you ve never noticed, under water, it's black.

There aren't that many roads to go under the sea, designs wise.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Don't know if we missed this but looks like the new Ubisoft game by the team that made The Division will be called Avatar: Pandora Rising.

Heard pretty bad things about it, another MMO/shooter that becomes a loot grind.

Avatar needed some KOTOR type adventure game.:redcapes:

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Heard pretty bad things about it, another MMO/shooter that becomes a loot grind.

Well The Division was popular so atleast it will sell.

I'm not The Division type games either, role player games, RTS, FPS in that order.

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Yes, both Division/Division 2 are loot shooters, but I don't think they are saying that is what the Avatar game is going to be.  They haven't said a peep about genre or anything.

Also, KOTOR isn't an adventure game 😬

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, both Division/Division 2 are loot shooters, but I don't think they are saying that is what the Avatar game is going to be.  They haven't said a peep about genre or anything.

Also, KOTOR isn't an adventure game 😬

Deep Wang's got a point about KOTOR @MrGlass2, the perfect Avatar game would have lots of exploration including the riding of different creatures including banshee's of course. An adventure RPG like morrowind would be tippity toppity notch.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Not literally, dammit. :hahaha:

But the same sort of complicated, nuanced story in a huge, open-world environment that encourages exploration. 

Yeah that would be incredible, much better than cowboys on Pandora