Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

As far as loot shooters go, Division was pretty good. The first Avatar game from Ubisoft apparently wasn't a total bust either.

I'm curious about what Ubisoft is gonna do next. What kind of game it's gonna be etc.

Edited by Elessar

Don't want to kick off an off-topic discussion but if RDR2 is anything like the first one (haven't gotten around to play it yet), it's overrated. Good characters, decent story but an absence of imagination in terms of mission structure, too rigid during missions (stray but a little - game over) and lacking controls. Sorry Tele.  :P

Edited by Elessar

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

, the perfect Avatar game would have lots of exploration including the riding of different creatures including banshee's of course. An adventure RPG like morrowind would be tippity toppity notch.

Yes, a RPG like KOTOR.

Also a battle royale, 100 Na'vi parachuting onto an island.

And a dating simulator Blue Temptation.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Don't want to kick off an off-topic discussion but if RDR2 is anything like the first one (haven't gotten around to play it yet), it's overrated. Good characters, decent story but a lack of imagination in terms of mission structure and too rigid during missions. Sorry tele. :P

RDR2 is the best story I’ve experienced this year.

If you wanna bitch about things, yes, the missions are fairly rigid, but tbh it’s a minor issue at best. The sheer amount of stuff to do in the world is consistently interesting and fascinating, and even if you didn’t do the story missions at all it’d still be an amazing game. 

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

If you wanna bitch about things, yes, the missions are fairly rigid, but tbh it’s a minor issue at best. The sheer amount of stuff to do in the world is consistently interesting and fascinating, and even if you didn’t do the story missions at all it’d still be an amazing game. 

And yet RDR 2 creators would be clumsy children trying to do a 2h movie. 

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I appreciate a good story in my games. I'm sure i'll enjoy RDR2 becasue of the story and meticulous world building. But please, Rockstar, for next time, at least do something about those controls and maybe let the players have a little more freedom during missions and don't make all your missions like "ride 10 minutes to destination during which the NPC tells you his life story, then shoot like 50 enemies". ;)

Just now, Elessar said:

I appreciate a good story in my games. I'm sure i'll enjoy RDR2 becasue of the story and meticulous world building. But please, Rockstar, for next time, at least do something about those controls and maybe let the players have a little more freedom during missions and don't make all your missions like "ride 10 minutes to destination during which the NPC tells you his life story, then shoot like 50 enemies". ;)

I actually defend the controls. I think it forces you to be more involved in the experience as opposed to “just gaming”. Some more flexibility in some missions would be nice — I think this time there’s a fair amount of variation and some missions are truly hilarious and bizarre: “go get drunk in this saloon”, missions that are literal ranch chores. Hahaha, I love it. 

28 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Yes, a RPG like KOTOR.

Also a battle royale, 100 Na'vi parachuting onto an island.

And a dating simulator Blue Temptation.

5524e9392fd6b51290491adb6d36835f.jpg

MrGlass you've done it again.

We NEED a dating simulator called Blue Temptation, what a stroke of genius.

"Oh Mr Jimbo, are you sure it's ok for me to be seen with a human!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It's your life Ozy, you could probably subsitute your time on BOT to play videogames instead.

I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week, sometimes more.   Video games require investment, BOT does not.  From my phone, I can bless this place with my sterling wisdom or shitpost on a whim.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I work 7am-5pm 5 days a week, sometimes more.   Video games require investment, BOT does not.  From my phone, I can bless this place with my sterling wisdom or shitpost on a whim.

That's nothing try working 7 days a week for 12 hours a day. 

47 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Looking forward to see Alita's 3D to see if it has changed any since Avatar and maybe get a feel for what we'll see in the sequels. 

for the Avatar sequels they talked about increasing the frame rate for action sequences to reduce blurring, that might be one area of improvement