Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

24 minutes ago, omark said:

I notice that the actor who plays Loak, the child who from the trailers and posters is given the most space as if he has among the most important parts in this second film, never really promotes the film.
I wonder why.

Not sure hope his character makes it and he'll start promoting soon.  That is strange.

17 hours ago, hw64 said:

Yeah you're probably right here actually, but again, it's both. Leo had a lot of fans prior to Titanic, too, and I think you can attribute his post-Titanic rise to stardom just as much to his real-life attributes (young, attractive, charismatic) and simply being the co-lead in the biggest movie of all time as you can to the objective merits of Titanic as a movie like the writing behind Jack or the script, but they're both intertwined anyway so you can't really pick them apart.

In any case, I don't think the rise to stardom of any particular actor or actress in a movie necessarily speaks to the objective merits of that movie; there have been plenty of shit movies that people have shot to stardom off of.

Leo had no huge Fandom prior to.titanic as can be seen by his ticket sales.

Cameron epic makes the stars climb that Alist. The stars have never made JC. No difference.than Arnold and Sigourney both have said they owe their careers heights to Cameron. I believe Leo himself said he doesn't know where he'd be had there not been a Titanic. He quickly started to demand an unheard of 20 mil a.picture so early in a.career after that Supreme Cameron movie point in fact lol.

17 hours ago, hw64 said:

Yeah you're probably right here actually, but again, it's both. Leo had a lot of fans prior to Titanic, too, and I think you can attribute his post-Titanic rise to stardom just as much to his real-life attributes (young, attractive, charismatic) and simply being the co-lead in the biggest movie of all time as you can to the objective merits of Titanic as a movie like the writing behind Jack or the script, but they're both intertwined anyway so you can't really pick them apart.

In any case, I don't think the rise to stardom of any particular actor or actress in a movie necessarily speaks to the objective merits of that movie; there have been plenty of shit movies that people have shot to stardom off of.

No one shot that big as Leo though or Arnold and that's because of the filmmaker  that James Cameron is. He is the best at the epics and visual masterpieces that push the brink of what studios are capable of. And he can write , design new practical and visual ventures for  effects and he is also a top 10  film editor. Another talent most filmmakers lack in spades that JC embodies. It's a pity he can't crank out more films over the years. But man his top film projects are always worth the wait. So much for the talk that no one cares. Tracking after 13 years at 190-210 m ow. And wow if we get a 6x -7x multiplier off an ow so huge.

47 minutes ago, omark said:

I notice that the actor who plays Loak, the child who from the trailers and posters is given the most space as if he has among the most important parts in this second film, never really promotes the film.
I wonder why.

He's too cool for school. :shades:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Verrows said:

Would ideally have my ticket already but I want to see this in the best format possible (thinking of trying 4DX for the first time, but likely IMAX) but there's no way I'm paying what they want for such a ticket so I'm waiting until I have enough Scene points to get my ticket with those. A couple Tuesday movies, a popcorn combo and some shopping at Safeway should do the trick!

Looking forward to it. Not only to the film itself and those gorgeous visuals, but the vibe at the theatre should be pretty great. Lots of chatter on the movie now.

I hear you my wife doesn't  like the crowds of the city.  So I can't take her to the format I would love her.to experience. Man of all time to miss a.4dx format supreme movie. She's being stubborn. I hope to get her.to the  showing with me though. I agree crazy expensive. Here it's $33-34 after tax for a 4dx but its.such a huge one. I'm going to pay it. Like a 60-100 feet High and I don't know how wide. They converted one of largest imax formats to a 4dx theater. Regal ewalk.

They also have a laser Imax digital 3d showings at another location. I'm curious if anything can rival the 4dx experience of A2 vs the other formats. I know laser real 3d Imax  technology must be a beauty to view tho. But for that one of a kind  movement of chairs that simulate whats going on in Avatar.2, hear, smells,water.effects . 4dx is worth it.. Godzilla 2 was the greatest monster.sci.fi and 4dx experience I have ever had. I.mean the seats actually tilted down to my feet were nearly touching the floor to.give.me.a true feeling.of the flying vehicle landing.  And the shakes.movment steam and water.and breeze.etc at the.right time..You have to experience it all. Now imagine what the settings for A2 will be like at 4dx theaters worldwide. I hope everyone walks out in awe of the experience of 4dx!

22 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Yes, I'm counting on it.

Hah hah.  Yes indeed Iron Jimbo visualizing the Jaws dropping.now.as Avatar hits 1.1 billion domestic with steam to spare my brother.

Ncsoft was saying it might be wise to watch in regular 3d so we don't get distracted, but man 4dx is the way if you can get.to.it at your location. It's going to be a crazy.experience If the A2 settings.out do Godzilla 2 4dx.

19 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

Since they went around the world doing these special 18 minute screenings, why not have just done avatar day like they did for the first one, would build good early WOM among moviegoers about the quality of the 3d instead of these super exclusive events

Sure wish they had done.that. But that's another expense and they already got a plan and budget. Once we blow the.bo away. Perhaps  we see another avatar day

On 12/1/2022 at 9:46 AM, Nero said:

Titanic over everything 😎🤘

Hah hah thats for sure but Avatar 1 IMAX 100 Foot Digital 3D experience came close. :)🤑

But Ill never let go Jack. That was the one along with Terminator 2 that made Cameron the Alpha that fans just follow always when hes doing a big project. Titanic still is the greatest one run king of all time and the biggest worldwide ticket seller of all time.  Most top rewarded film of all time. Only film to tie with Ben hur with 11 or 12 Oscars.. Including Best Picture, Best director, Best Cinematography , Best Costumes, Best Writer. ETC --WOw

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

On 12/1/2022 at 9:47 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

It's in my personal top 5 for a reason 💪

Brother SchumacherFTW Always loved your appreciation for great films. :) Good to see yah man!

Titanic is the ultimate movie from Cameron and then I would Say Avatar  and Terminator 2. Then its Aliens and Abyss for me. Also Honerable mentions to Terminator. He also wrote Rambo 2 btw ;). 

May Avatar 2 join the films that most of us epic film lovers consider the best.

And yes indeed only films Ive seen of such grand scope and brillance as Titanic and Avatar are the LOTR first Triology movies

Kal-El of Bom--Good times FTW :)  2009 Avatar Predict Realized and thensome--, 2006( SR vs Pirates) , 2002 (I'm Freaking Spiderman success and that the first to break the 100M 3 day with that  Jaw dropping 114M OW)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Damn I heard the price in China is around 💲15-20,the most expensive single ticket I have ever see

Wow,, Now we know why leaders after overseeing A2 want this beautiful film to be seen. Its going to be long running money maker for their repsective areas as well.

Hopefully it will still make that 400-700M range or better in ASIAN Markets. India is going to be so Huge as well

8 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow,, Now we know why leaders after overseeing A2 want this beautiful film to be seen. Its going to be long running money maker for their repsective areas as well.

Hopefully it will still make that 400-700M range or better in ASIAN Markets. India is going to be so Huge as well

400-700m in Asia?I don’t think it’s even a problem

The problem is can Avatar 2 China gross beating DOM gross

Edited by Bruce
  • Astonished 1

The problem is can Avatar 2 China gross beating DOM gross

Wow, that sounds super optimistic.

In your opinion (obviously China situation has shown improvement), will the China cinema market recover enough to make this even a remote possibility?

Edited by NCsoft

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Wow, that sounds super optimistic.

In your opinion (obviously China situation has shown improvement), will the China cinema market recover enough to make this even a remote possibility?

Seems you are not type of guy who get addicted in twitter and watch the news

Ok I tell you what happened ,China break out the revoultion recent days to ask Government open the public place because of many reasons ,and facing the mad of people Government finally do the concession and open the public place recently,you can see what’s happening in China thread

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, omark said:

I wonder why.

He does post about Avatar on his Instagram, sort of giving me "Dealing with some mental health issues" vibe.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

Ok I tell you what happened ,China break out the revoultion recent days to ask Government open the public place because of many reasons ,and facing the mad of people Government finally do the concession and open the public place recently,you can see what’s happening in China thread

Oh, of course I'm aware of all this, both the protest and the re-opening of certain public venues; I've posted in the China thread about this general topic many times.

What I was curious about is, will the extent of "cinema recovery" be fast enough to allow A2 to have a run nearing it's full potential (only 43.7% theatres are open, but increasing by the day). and even if public venues are open, would the "hesitancy" to visit theatres still remain in people's minds. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Bruce this is music to Avatar and JC fans. Nightmare to those who wanted to spew nonsense that no one cares.

I Love it... Im hoping for over 2.3  billion internationally without China. And then mighty china box office realm gives us another stupendous run. Aka 600= 700 plus Mil to the pot  or more

27 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Oh, of course I'm aware of all this, both the protest and the re-opening of certain public venues; I've posted in the China thread about this general topic many times.

What I was curious about is, will the extent of "cinema recovery" be fast enough to allow A2 to have a run nearing it's full potential (only 43.7% theatres are open, but increasing by the day). and even if public venues are open, would the "hesitancy" to visit theatres still remain in people's minds. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Hi NCsoft.. Im hoping this will be the case. Good to see so many leaders in Asian Markets want this movie to not only do well but ease the stress of many who have waited long long time for the continued experiencing of visiting Pandora. :)

(Though of course Even when we get back there we better not be soft and ready to rumble NCsoft  or Pandora  Critters will  chew you up and use your Eyes for Juju beans) 😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Thanks 1