Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

58 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hopefully it will still make that 400-700M range or better in ASIAN Markets. India is going to be so Huge as well

Would love to see that but for now 60% of cinemas in China are still closed hope we will see more re-opened in coming days.

5 hours ago, adaros said:

Would love to see that but for now 60% of cinemas in China are still closed hope we will see more re-opened in coming days.

Lets hope that number goes up. Adaros-  I would love to see what this could do if China's movie markets open to 60-70% capacity.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

FjDPq_XaAAAzgGv.png

The genre of men who sit around and talk into a microphone all day but are actually the real masculine men is unbeatable.

imagine this guy trying to meet Jim and explain anything to him, Jim would make him feel dumb & demasculated

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

FjDPq_XaAAAzgGv.png

The genre of men who sit around and talk into a microphone all day but are actually the real masculine men is unbeatable.

Just more of the same mind numbing click bait garbage being spewed by someone living life on the sidelines. I'm not even sure he would be able to comprehend what Jim was even talking about. Are some men toxic/dangerous absolutely that's a 100% certainty look at what is happening in certain parts of the world. Also it works for both genders. 

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

FjDPq_XaAAAzgGv.png

I'm actually kinda surprised that this demo is against the movie. Even with Avatar's progressive themes, this kinda has the vibes of a Matrix/Fight Club scenario where the audience being mocked actually embraces it, because they're too stupid to notice the themes. Maybe because it's owned by Disney I dunno.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

I'm actually kinda surprised that this demo is against the movie. Even with Avatar's progressive themes, this kinda has the vibes of a Matrix/Fight Club scenario where the audience being mocked actually embraces it, because they're too stupid to notice the themes. Maybe because it's owned by Disney I dunno.

The daily wire folks arent really an accurate representation of who they claim to represent, from what i've seen from that demo theyre actually very excited about this movie and see it as a way to hit back against the "left-ward" shift of stars wars and marvel

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Dont think Matt Walsh really speaks for anyone, from what i've seen from that demo theyre actually very excited about this movie and see it as a way to hit back against the "left-ward" shift of stars wars and marvel

You say that, but there's also these thumbnails. They already got the knives out.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

You say that, but there's also these thumbnails. They already got the knives out.

yep, and from what i've seen on the ground (mostly /tv/), those youtubers seem to be out of step with their usual viewers (and though I dont watch his videos, I clicked on the critical drinker one, and he says hes cautiously optimistic )

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

from what i've seen from that demo theyre actually very excited about this movie and see it as a way to hit back against the "left-ward" shift of stars wars and marvel

Say what?  Everything I've ever seen from that demo is that they hate the first one because of reasons like being anti-American and other nonsense.   We don't have to clog this thread up, but I'm genuinely curious who is saying they are excited about it.

9 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Say what?  Everything I've ever seen from that demo is that they hate the first one because of reasons like being anti-American and other nonsense.   We don't have to clog this thread up, but I'm genuinely curious who is saying they are excited about it.

One might expect that to happen, but I have never seen a real-life example of that, if anything theyre pretty thankful for Cameron's subtlety

A quick glance through 4chan's /tv/ board makes it clear that it might just be the most excited those guys have ever been for a movie, other folks from this thread can probably back me up on that; /tv/ was one of the few places on the internet were people who were excited about avatar hung out 

People just use the latest popular thing to help push whatever their agenda is, doesn't matter what side they're on. Right now it's dumbass's thinking they are more 'macsuline' than Jim but don't know anything about him, next week it will be those crying about have the na'vi women are too sexualised. It was always going to happen no matter what so honestly I would just ignore it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

One might expect that to happen, but I have never seen a real-life example of that, if anything theyre pretty thankful for Cameron's subtlety

A quick glance through 4chan's /tv/ board makes it clear that it might just be the most excited those guys have ever been for a movie, other folks from this thread can probably back me up on that; /tv/ was one of the few places on the internet were people who were excited about avatar hung out 

Are you sure? I remember seeing a 4chan thread from a few months ago of people mocking these movies. I’m not even sure what exactly it is about Avatar that would make the anti-SJW dorks love it in the first place. The first film has a very clear environmental/anti-imperialist message. In fact, back when the movie came out, there was debate over whether or not it could be considered anti-American. 

• Like 4