Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, eridani said:

Horner was really one of a kind. Zimmer was just as good up to a point, but he's been trippin for the last 15 or so years. 

Not sure who's left, capable of even appproaching horner. Michael giacchino might be ok. Clint mansell might be able to surprise. Heck, even junkie xl might not be a bad choice. Maybe even BRian tyler.

Zimmer’s scores for Inception, Dune and Interstellar are among his best work, I saw him live in London last year and the show he put on was incredible. 

Also honourable mention to his No Time to Die score, particularly “Final Ascent”.

As for A2’s score, I actually quite liked it, it evokes Horner which will have been the mission statement for Simon Franglen to create a sense of continuity between the first and second film, and he hit that target admirably in my opinion. I don’t think it’s too far away from what Horner himself would have done had he still been around, he definitely would have reused some of his Avatar 1 themes in the same way that Franglen did. The “Payakan” theme and “Into the Water” is great too. I hope he sticks around for the rest.

Oh, and he named one of the tracks “A Farewell to Arm” which gets him extra kudos for making me laugh 😂 

12 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

A2 needs to drop about 38% to take it.

12 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

A2 needs to drop about 38% to take it.

What record is that Captain ?🦝

Oh I got you 4th week

Bounty. I hope we get it. 500m domestic and tons of gas in the tank to go. 700m domestic and beyond is the target. Titanic and Jpw next I believe. Let's  Go!👍🏋‍♀️

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

22 hours ago, Verrows said:

Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings scores are the best of all time on my mind.

Funny enough I just watched Fellowship of the Ring last night. They don't make movies like that anymore.

You are not alone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dignam said:

We love avatar 2 :D

Hah hah good to see brothers and sisters fans of Pandora doing us proud Brother Dignam..

I love how they got see this in 3D on the front.. I cant wait to see it in 4DX all.. :) 

What is the third biggest film of all time in Germany Brother Dignam.. ?

30 minutes ago, Lothar said:

You are not alone. 

Titanic, OT Lord of the Rings.., Are all in a league of their own..

Though nothing beats the Titan..... IT IS THE TRUE KING OF EPIC  FILM MAKING.... :)

That movie had everything, music, unbrideled star power, the emotions, the Yoda of Film making at the prime of his powers and craziness. Not that hes lost a step. As Avatar 1 and 2 showcase to the hilt. Titanic , Avatar 1-2,  Terminator 2 and Aliens were his best.

Honorable mentions to the Abyss and Terminator. 

:)LOTR are very close to the perfection that is Titanic though. My favorite was LOTR Twin Towers. :)(Loved that battle  near the end-

Outstanding! The Lord of the Rings OT greatness gave one Chills my brothers!  Even though they were long as heck, I couldnt wait for the next)

I didnt know Howard did the score for the FLY btw... WowIm Serious Jeff Goldblum GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

Therr is a 2D showing starting in 30mins at my local multiplex. 250 seater, 241 tickets sold so far. Thats better than on the OW for the 2D showings!.

Got a feeling this film is just going to chug along internationally for a good while yet.

1.6-1.7bil intrnational total?, wouldnt be surprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Therr is a 2D showing starting in 30mins at my local multiplex. 250 seater, 241 tickets sold so far. Thats better than on the OW for the 2D showings!.

Got a feeling this film is just going to chug along internationally for a good while yet.

Man nothing should suprise us Brother Stewart.. I mean its like you can escape into a world yet again but its even more jaw dropping riding along with the Sully family this time... 

Outstanding... I think we'll teach em how to ride to 700+M domestically as well.. Maybe even Fun Swimming GIF by Avatarwell beyond 800m! :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Wow that makes me feel good for weekends in the weeks to come.. In the Apple you still see lines when you pass the regals and AMC in the city.... :-O!!

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah good to see brothers and sisters fans of Pandora doing us proud Brother Dignam..

I love how they got see this in 3D on the front.. I cant wait to see it in 4DX all.. :) 

What is the third biggest film of all time in Germany Brother Dignam.. ?

1. Avatar

2. Titanic

3. SW: TFA

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dignam said:

1. Avatar

2. Titanic

3. SW: TFA

Aint it funny that James Cameron will take out TFA with first sequel after Avatar in Germany.. Hah Hah.. Love it..

And guess what guys.. Avatar is on pace by BO experts now to zoom past TGM domestically(LOL Where all those 350-Under 573m folks went guys-lol) . Woohoo!! 

Will Get Maverick and then its time to make a spider dance Perhaps.. :)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/m3gan-is-first-box-office-hit-of-2023-as-avatar-2-crosses-dollar500-million-domestic/ar-AA1654Bp

Victory!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Suspicious John Rambo GIFSo the Experts are saying 40-46M OW.... Lets see if we cant suprise them all :)

This... THis is Our Land!! 😄

PS Over here enjoying Rambo IV  (The Directors Cut--This thing is bloody!)..lol

" When your  Pushed... Killing is as easy as breathing!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Suspicious John Rambo GIFSo the Experts are saying 40-46M OW.... Lets see if we cant suprise them all :)

This... THis is Our Land!! 😄

PS Over here enjoying Rambo IV  (The Directors Cut--This thing is bloody!)..lol

" When your  Pushed... Killing is as easy as breathing!"

Jordan Peele really out there making cameos in Rambo now. Damn.