Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think this aswell :(

Times are looking bad with these devilish nwo, but perhaps a3 will find a way. But yes indeed things don't look great for bo future right now, but I'm hoping we see another great  run when a3 debuts. May we have a better year on its release. And just better times in general for all.

Hopefully no ww3 escalations and no tyranny filled cashless societies anytime soon my brothers and sisters. Everyone keep praying for good times ahead and our Lord's return. 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

let's go baby we've got the new world order as well now, someone needs to put together a conspiracy bingo for sheldon to complete

Hey seems those conspiracy folks were right on alot if things. Like jimbo has stated if you choose to ignore and live in LA land. That is your choice brother. Some folks are just going to be better prepared and wont be in as bad a place when the bubble breaks😉. Only the naive think everything is a false conspiracy in my opinion.

God is with me in all I do so I'm not worried and my house stays prayed up. 🦝👍

I forgot to mention in the Avatar/Star Wars sequel comparison, Avatar was a much more complete story, didn't demand a sequel, whereas Star Wars was designed with many sequels in mind. Theoretically there should've been way more demand for Empire Strikes Back than Avatar 2, especially since the latter had a decade longer gap.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 forecast: 45-50m all and get this Megan with 28-32m. Wow!. I hope actuals hit 50 for Avatar 2. Still 45million or better shows we are track for beating Tgm domestically and heading for 800+m!💪🦝

Congrats to Megan I had a feeling it could hit 27-30m. Now officially the first big suprise  hit of 2023.

Wonder if Megan can hit 90m-100m domestic? I don't feel it's a movie you watch more than once.

So legs could be bad. Gave it a 5.8 out of 10 solid little horror scifi film.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, danziger said:

I forgot to mention in the Avatar/Star Wars sequel comparison, Avatar was a much more complete story, didn't demand a sequel, whereas Star Wars was designed with many sequels in mind. Theoretically there should've been way more demand for Empire Strikes Back than Avatar 2, especially since the latter had a decade longer gap.

It makes Avatar saga success that more impressive being a new original story and so new but despite pandemics and storms...This movie draws the people like pancakes to buttermilk brother Dan.  I wonder what role in A2 that Cameron would have given to his good friend Bill paxon had he lived. Rip..

Bill Paxton Aliens GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Avatar 2 forecast: 45-50m all and get this Megan with 28-32m. Wow!. I hope actuals hit 50 for Avatar 2. Still 45million or better shows we are track for beating Tgm domestically and heading for 800+m!💪🦝

Congrats to Megan I had a feeling it could hit 27-30m. Now officially the first big suprise  hit of 2023.

Wonder if Megan can hit 90m-100m domestic? I don't feel it's a movie you watch more than once.

So legs could be bad. Gave it a 5.8 out of 10 solid little horror scifi film.

Cmon man, not even $700m is sure, how can you say it's heading for 800+m 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Gooooood. 460 million budget plus 200 million Marketing means 660 total budget. 

Average studio take is 50% Domestic, 40 percent international (without China) plus 25% China.  50+40+25=115÷3= 38.3% The studio takes worldwide.

So Avatar 1724 x 38% means 660.2 million. 

Wich means Avatar 2 Breaks even ~today with Box Office Alone, the rest is just winning money with no debt from tomorrow onwards. 

Repeat Avatar 2 Breaks Even possibly today rest is winning.Pay Me Set It Off GIF by filmeditor

6497d6f21d524c87b801f1a31e2ce576a2518479giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95286e7440b7a7e2cdc8bavatar_jarpasmannen_finished.gif

8 hours ago, Ed Raven said:

Cmon man, not even $700m is sure, how can you say it's heading for 800+m 

It's kkeeping up with avatar 1, so very likely my brother. Never said its a lock. Just feeling Way of the water sails over Maverick. Just like I knew those 350-573 predicts were going to get obliterated lol

8 hours ago, StreamBO said:

Actually james cameron went on the record and stated around 1.4-1.5 b mark(9th or 10th all time). So its been making cheddar..

So avatar 4 and 5 are good as long as the world has enough folks going to cinemas brother stream. 

I also just noticed after seeing puss 2022 that they modelled his character on antonio banderas desperado movies. Now I see why Salma Haylek  was also invited and shines in this franchise. Their charisma goes wayyy way back.

I need to see the first one now

Puss in boots 9 lives  gets an 8.4 from me. I was shocked on how enjoyable it was. Noticed some avatar influenced looking designs with the fantasy and world changing stuff and colors in this film. Maybe we should have seen it in 3d.  

" Lets Play!!!"

Avatar  Way of the Water approaches 1.8B WW :).. 

Avatar 2- The Way of Water Increasing Milestones! :

First Part 2 Film to make it to top 3 ALL time WW (Wow)

Biggest 3rd Weekend for Hwood Movie in China 36.5M

Only big budget film in history to increase where its 3rd weekend increases and bests its Second!

2nd Best 4th Weekend of All time!!

Fastest movie in 2022 to hit the coveted 1 Billion Mark

First Part II movie to  ever cross 1Billion in under 2 weeks!

Best TGM's  OW of 126M with 135MOW (With likely much Better legs- 5.6-6X Mulitplier?)

Best Black Adam Total WW in 48HRs(Lol)

Almost Doubles Avatar 1 OW

Passes 500M WW in 4 Days!

Surpasses 700M WW in 6 Days!

Surpasses DS2  and BP 2 WW  in under 11 Days :)

100-200+M each in  China, India,  UK, SK and France Alone??

" We Will  Teach Them Our Ways!" 

Zoe Saldana Fight GIF by Avatar
Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

Way of the Water is the first film since Avatar thats going past 100M in Austraila!

This is astounding..Could France and Austraila alone bring in 270+M USD?? :)

No film even with inflation and Austrailas bigger theater market has even come within 20M of the first Avatar. And Cameron does it with his sequel with ease after a 13 yr break...LOL,

Cameron and Company and all our Sully Family around the world..... SALUTE!"

titanic revolutionary road GIF

• Like 3

For first Avatar if upcoming 4k remastered blu-ray is close to footage we saw in cinema in September we will finally see big upgrade on home release.
Below are comps between Avatar remastered re-release trailer in Pro-Res ripped from cinema vs official blu-ray:

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30235
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30233
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30234

2 hours ago, adaros said:

For first Avatar if upcoming 4k remastered blu-ray is close to footage we saw in cinema in September we will finally see big upgrade on home release.
Below are comps between Avatar remastered re-release trailer in Pro-Res ripped from cinema vs official blu-ray:

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30235
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30233
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/30234

The 4K UHD better have 2.39.1 framing. The 1.78:1 on the Blu-ray is so inferior.

1 hour ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The 4K UHD better have 2.39.1 framing. The 1.78:1 on the Blu-ray is so inferior.

Hopefully they'll have both versions, but Cameron prefers the latter:

(2010)

https://collider.com/james-cameron-interview-avatar-blu-ray-also-talks-titanic-3d-and-avatar-2/

The highest and best format for this movie is the 16x9, which plays beautifully. We finished the picture in 16x9 and then we vertically extracted the cinemascope when we were mastering the film for theatrical release.

In the theatrical release of the movie, it played in 3-D in non-IMAX digital theaters in both formats. We did that by selecting whichever theater was going to look best in which format. But, for the home, we wanted to go with the full picture. I really think it helps, with the sense of vertigo underneath the flying creatures, to have that little bit of extra frame down there, when they're looking down over cliffs. It enhances the sense of height.

Even though I love the cinemascope ratio compositionally, I actually found myself falling in love with the movie in 16x9, as we went along, and I prefer to watch it in that.

1 hour ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

1.78:1 is better because you get more picture.

That's like saying "i prefer cinemascope to IMAX".

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

1.78:1 is better because you get more picture.

That's like saying "i prefer cinemascope to IMAX".

You might get more picture but compositionally on AVATAR the 2.39:1 is superior. The 1.78:1 look far too TVish at times.

That's like saying "I prefer the 1.33:1 version of T2 because it has more picture."

T2-T23D-Comparison.jpg?ssl=1

Avatar: The Way of Water was just snubbed by the ASC for Best Cinematography. Pretty wild lineup this year:

Bardo

The Batman

Elvis

Empire of Light

Top Gun: Maverick

The Fabelmans, Babylon, Avatar 2, The Banshees of Inisherin, All Quiet on the Western Front nowhere to be seen.