Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Random prediction:175 (December OW so it will be lower then if it was in the Summer)/630

I doubt it will gross that much on the OW. Family film, December, these ain't for huge OWs. The Hobbit grossed less than 85m on the OW, and that's a sign that Avatar 2 wont be making too much on the OW either.

I doubt it will gross that much on the OW. Family film, December, these ain't for huge OWs. The Hobbit grossed less than 85m on the OW, and that's a sign that Avatar 2 wont be making too much on the OW either.

Avatar 2 is not really a family film, Hobbit is more of one.

Yes I know December films have smaller OW, but I was trying to make it to where it would have a nice run (I had it lower but then I raised it quite a bit)

Avatar 2 is not really a family film, Hobbit is more of one.

Yes I know December films have smaller OW, but I was trying to make it to where it would have a nice run (I had it lower but then I raised it quite a bit)

WHY?

This will definitely be the first December movie to have a $100m+ opening weekend. And it should get at least a 5 times multiplier, so $500m is guaranteed (not enough to beat TA2, though :) )

Not beat TA on your predicts, right? Thats I guess your predictions and doesn't mean its happening, could open to 140M with a 4.45X to beat the Avengers.

Edited by Neo

I think 600m is achievable. People may think Avatar has been forgotten (personally I laugh at this) but it will definitely be remembered when A2's teaser hits the net.

MoS trailer views X 2 for 24 hours.

I think 600m is achievable. People may think Avatar has been forgotten (personally I laugh at this) but it will definitely be remembered when A2's teaser hits the net.

It's funny that those who said that can't even forget Avatar themselves. From time to time they have to show up and tell us how Avatar is Dance with Smurfs and how much it sucked.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Let's not forget that the two sequels Cameron has made (Aliens and T2) are generally considered better than the original films. Assuming Avatar 2 is better than Avatar, there's no telling how much it will make.

• Like 2