Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I think some people misunderstood. I did not say that Ant-Man 3 would make more money than Avatar 2. All I said is that Avatar 2's visuals at this point are unimpressive. And playing the trailer for Avatar 2 before the trailer for Ant-Man 3 does Avatar no favors. It's like here are some boring visuals for a sequel to a movie that came out 10-15 years ago. And then here are the standard impressive visuals of the next entry in the MCU.

6 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

I think some people misunderstood. I did not say that Ant-Man 3 would make more money than Avatar 2. All I said is that Avatar 2's visuals at this point are unimpressive. And playing the trailer for Avatar 2 before the trailer for Ant-Man 3 does Avatar no favors. It's like here are some boring visuals for a sequel to a movie that came out 10-15 years ago. And then here are the standard impressive visuals of the next entry in the MCU.

People understood perfectly fine, but you're not going to get much of a discussion going on an argument that feels like either insanity or straight up trolling which is why I just left it on a reaction. No, ant-man's visuals aren't close, let alone better than A2's. Not really sure what you expect people to say.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

for Avatar 2 you're looking at visuals that phase 15 MCU films won't be able to match, though i'm sure the superhero fad is ending shortly, it was a good run just like westerns

Came to say I'm feeling alot more hype for this than the likes of titles such as Wakanda Forever. People are excited, this has a higher chance of challenging Endgames weekend record than it does missing 200m. Jurassic World's adjusted weekend is the floor for this. Im surprised that this forum lacks high opening weekend predictions, people will be pleasantly surprised come release 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

Came to say I'm feeling alot more hype for this than the likes of titles such as Wakanda Forever. People are excited, this has a higher chance of challenging Endgames weekend record than it does missing 200m. Jurassic World's adjusted weekend is the floor for this. Im surprised that this forum lacks high opening weekend predictions, people will be pleasantly surprised come release 

Lmao 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Lmao 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The last time the highest grossing movie had a sequel was Jurassic Park 2 and it claimed the Opening weekend record. Atleast tell me why you disagree with my prediction?

200m is nothing for a huge event like this considering inflation of the past 2 years. With higher ticket prices, I cant see a scenario where a film of this magnitude opens in the same ballpark has Dominion which followed a poorly recieved predecessor.

As movies go, 2022 has always been the Avatar year. People have waited 13 years for this, 2 weeks before release everyone will begin to up their predictions. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

The last time the highest grossing movie had a sequel was Jurassic Park 2 and it claimed the Opening weekend record. Atleast tell me why you disagree with my prediction?

200m is nothing for a huge event like this considering inflation of the past 2 years. With higher ticket prices, I cant see a scenario where a film of this magnitude opens in the same ballpark has Dominion which followed a poorly recieved predecessor.

As movies go, 2022 has always been the Avatar year. People have waited 13 years for this, 2 weeks before release everyone will begin to up their predictions. 

This is the Avatar Decade, or other franchises are bystanders. Looking over the fence at the untouchable golden goose of cinema

I absolutely do think this can open to 200M, if JW did it I'm not sure why it would be out of the question for this one. Obviously there's 0 chance it challenges Endgame's OW though, it just isn't that sort of film. If Cameron is able to pull off another super crowdpleaser that audiences love, it will then clean absolute house during the holidays.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I absolutely do think this can open to 200M, if JW did it I'm not sure why it would be out of the question for this one. Obviously there's 0 chance it challenges Endgame's OW though, it just isn't that sort of film. If Cameron is able to pull off another super crowdpleaser that audiences love, it will then clean absolute house during the holidays.

the Average ticket price for JW was around $12 as well right?