Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Sam Worthington on hearing there are three sequels instead of two says "YES! An extra year of kinda almost being relevant!"

:rofl:

Truth is, actors in tenpoles are mostly irrelevant because those movies are not success because of them. In very rare cases such as Depp as CJS and RDJ as Tony where actor = franchise, there's relevance but all those Worthingtons, Freemans, Evanses,etc are just fillers.  

PAXTON.

Well, he is one of only 2 guys to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator and the Terminator (Lance Henriksen being the other). Cast both of them and kill them off so that they can become the Sean Bean equivalents of Sci-Fi.

The choice of writers came after Cameron and Landau spent weeks meeting with A-list screenwriters vying for the job. They’ve been working with Cameron from his Manhattan Beach studio.

Commented Cameron: “Building upon the world we created with Avatar has been a rare and incredibly rewarding experience. In writing the new films, I’ve come to realize that Avatar’s world, story and characters have become even richer than I anticipated, and it became apparent that two films would not be enough to capture everything I wanted to put on screen. And to help me continue to expand this universe, I’m pleased to bring aboard Amanda, Rick, Shane and Josh — all writers I’ve long admired –­ to join me in completing the films screenplays.”

Fact is mocking writers because of what they supposedly wrote is stupid, all movies get rewrites at some point with like sometimes 4 to 5 credits, I bet most of the time, the original or credited writers' script has nothing to do with what's on screen. I think Cameron knows what he's doing obviously. 

• Like 1