Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol so you can track  walk-ins now from the 200mil ticket buyers of the last 2 Cameron films domestically.

Stop it brother. It's you that is talking crazy. 

Glad deadline is more for the 155-175 than

The haters 70-100 m OWs.

The walk-ups for the number you want just haven't been there on thursday. They don't seem to be there in any other market either to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hmmm....  

The "point" is that Kal El is very very excited about this movie/series and it's best just to view it as someone who is really happy about the movie/series. :) 

"Seriously, not literally" I believe was the phrase a few years back.

Anything else is perhaps a bit off topic and thus I'll leave it to the side. 

Really happy this movie is showing no one has forgot Avatar or James Cameron's work. I just don't thinks it's wise to underestimate walking and last min buys with these type of reviews and Wom. Especially from a man who sold 200m plus ticket  domestically between 2 films.

We will see if Kal and his brothers and sisters who have came back and said its hitting 2B-3b ww were right. Exciting run to watch. That's for sure.

Kal is happy Ow is a lock to surpass TGM'S by 20-40M as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The walk-ups for the number you want just haven't been there on thursday. They don't seem to be there in any other market either to be honest.

Not true since data says A2 is 127% ahead of Avatar lol. I guess you missed Kayoms post. And that's in previews.

😄

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

That's unfortunate. I wouldn't describe that the way you did. I guess this proves a lot of people really don't care about that subject which is a shame because I think one reason why Jim made this was because of that.

Kayom what's your minimum for the OW over here.

Mine are 164-170m. 

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Not true since data says A2 is 127% ahead of Avatar lol. I guess you missed Kayoms post. And that's in previews.

😄

Ah, that figure was the market-to-market comparisons overseas, I believe. I don't have data on walk-ups.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Really happy this movie is showing no one has forgot Avatar or James Cameron's work. I just don't thinks it's wise to underestimate walking and last min buys

I agree that it isn't wise to underestimate walking and last minute buys. It's much better to estimate those exactly correct. 

Just now, JustLurking said:

Ok then. I am curious about your response after the OW numbers are out.

Yep will prove your statement wrong bigtime 

Have predictors saying 180-200m is possible. 

So let's see what happen. 

Bottomline it's smashes Tgms and should get better legs than 5.6 

Cameron's last 2 worldbreaking mega movies ...Multipliers =21x and 10x.

So I'm going with 6.2x-7.3x on the highend.

Even T2 broke records and still got a 6.5x

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Ah, that figure was the market-to-market comparisons overseas, I believe. I don't have data on walk-ups.

No one does and oh I got you. Still looks like we are fine. I want China to get.to 450-500m badly tho with lots of steam left brother kayom

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is all about the legs, imo.

As someone who might be (perhaps fairly, perhaps not) called an Avatar Skeptic, I think this is 100% true. It's one of the reasons why I want to see what the Sat number is before really committing.

This coming Mon isn't as indicative, probably, due to the calendar placement, though it still should tell us something.

The next major benchmark, for me again, is probably Boxing Day, as that's gonna be a Monday.  By then some clear trajectories really ought to be in play if this is gonna be a leggy beast.

(of course, we might know well before the 26th, but for me those are the two biggest days I'm keeping an eye on)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think 145 M to 155 M is fine. This is all about the legs, imo.

Yep 145-155 is still awesome. And if it follows Avatar maybe 6.5-7.4 x legs. Imagine a crazy scenario though and it got 9-10x legs kayom. Lawd of mercy. Haters and the bullish might bust a  veein or two my friend. Alot think 6-8.4x. So keeping fingers crossed for 6.5-7 range  or better.

A+

I enjoyed the first Avatar. Still do. The sequel is even better and proof that Cameron remains one of the best living directors. I was awed again by this franchise’s visuals. Literally had my mouth open at certain points. Thoroughly enjoyed the story as well. I’ll leave it there.  No spoilers. 

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

No one does and oh I got you. Still looks like we are fine. I want China to get.to 450-500m badly tho with lots of steam left brother kayom

I was hopeful, but just like what I said in a previous post, whatever China gives, I'll take it. I had this not part of my calculations until it was announced that the movie is getting released there. 😅

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As someone who might be (perhaps fairly, perhaps not) called an Avatar Skeptic, I think this is 100% true. It's one of the reasons why I want to see what the Sat number is before really committing.

This coming Mon isn't as indicative, probably, due to the calendar placement, though it still should tell us something.

The next major benchmark, for me again, is probably Boxing Day, as that's gonna be a Monday.  By then some clear trajectories really ought to be in play if this is gonna be a leggy beast.

(of course, we might know well before the 26th, but for me those are the two biggest days I'm keeping an eye on)

What's your ow and multiplier for Juggernaut 2022 my brother domestically?

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I was hopeful, but just like what I said in a previous post, whatever China gives, I'll take it. I had this not part of my calculations until it was announced that the movie is getting released there. 😅

It is currently running in Chinese theatre. You can take a look on China Box Office thread?