Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Well look at this way.

IM3 made 409 million with a huge reduction in the 3D share so I dont think saying TA2 is going to be lucky to get 500 million is really a very reasonable perdiction.

I see it opening larger and finishing around 90% of TA.

Look at this way..

TDKR made 84% of TDK and that was with the shooting.

• Like 1

BKB leaving the site isn't a fun bet, I mean it's supposed to be fun, right? 

BKB is a know coward and runs from bets like every weak fanboy with epic delusions!! LOL@ TA2 will take avatar and will increase vastly over its predecessor.. Someone needs to educate BKB on Comic Book performances by follow up films.

He also has many names on here, so Im pretty sure he would come back in some shape or fashion. None of here do leave site bets anyway so like I told him before. He needs to go back where he came from with that nonsense lol

Bet was made to him 5+months ago and hes proven to be a total wuss. Says 50.US is nothing to put up along with a signature bet, but then backs out last min..lol

Hah hah BKB knows where his TA2  and his IQ is going with his past statements..And its definitely not going in an vertical motion!! lol

LOL that's a great slogan for our presidential run against BKB!!!!BTW, fourth anniversary for Avatar!

Amen....  Tarzan/KK.. We will bury BKB and all those marvel warriors and loonies that think TA2 will even make a stratch at our epic run.. to 3billion worldwide and beyond good buddy..

I also think if Superman and Batman is well done it will go beyond TA2 as well.. Its a question of quality and marketing done right with MOS2..(Wow and Wonderwoman is added now, so they are doing the Trinity) Avengers dont have love that spans almost a 100yrs.. So you have to wonder if Kevin Smith is right.. He thinks the film could go on to make over 2 billion if done well?

Wow a comic book film reaching 2billion...That would be some milestone.

• Like 1

Well look at this way.

IM3 made 409 million with a huge reduction in the 3D share so I dont think saying TA2 is going to be lucky to get 500 million is really a very reasonable perdiction.

I see it opening larger and finishing around 90% of TA.

Look at this way..

TDKR made 84% of TDK and that was with the shooting.

Hi Lordmandeep... I think TA2s max is likely 540-550M domestic , but it just might creep into the 600M area  as well.

My prediction is 550M, 1.05BOS - A small increase over its predecessor thanks to a big OS gross. 1.6B

Now with Avatar 2 Oh my,, thats a whole new level of BO behemoth!! :D

What do you predict as the lowend and highend for Avatar 2 Lordman. Also now that TW is doing the Trinity with MOS2(And possibly adding some more goldenage-current heroes to help Superman and of course their box office to perhaps new levels

in CBM Box office bounty?)

Amen.... Tarzan/KK.. We will bury BKB and all those marvel warriors and loonies that think TA2 will even make a stratch at our epic run.. to 3billion worldwide and beyond good buddy..I also think if Superman and Batman is well done it will go beyond TA2 as well.. Its a question of quality and marketing done right with MOS2..(Wow and Wonderwoman is added now, so they are doing the Trinity) Avengers dont have love that spans almost a 100yrs.. So you have to wonder if Kevin Smith is right.. He thinks the film could go on to make over 2 billion if done well?Wow a comic book film reaching 2billion...That would be some milestone.

I think 1.8 max for Avengers 2, IMO. Which is still really great! Anyway, I wonder how much Star Wars 7 will gross. What are your predictions for Star Wars?

700-800 million worldwide.

It's been a while since we've had a Star Wars movie on the big screen.

Opening weekend will be massive though.

2005 was a long time ago, All the market places are expanding, 3D, China. Im feeling 750m - 1Billion OS. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

2005 was a long time ago, All the market places are expanding, 3D, China. Im feeling 750m - 1Billion OS. 

Yeah, and that's obviously why it'll make bank overseas.

I just don't see it outgrossing the Avengers.

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't even think it'll be the highest grossing film of 2015

SWS is a nice wild card lol.....I still think it should be amongst the top 3 films of 2015.

Has a chance to surpass Avengers with the old cast returning.. Funny that even if these films

make a billion to 1.5billion  up.. Avatar could still go on to beat them by a billion to 2billion or more.

Wow

Congratulations to the Juggernaut 2015/2016 Thread hitting 200 pages!!!

Love it!!. To 500 pages and beyond all!! Congratulations to Avatar Land coming to  Disney

parks!

Whoo Better to showcase Lightstorm and Disneys New World than the Man behind

Avatar 1-4 himself.... I give you  the destroyer TA2 and all other behemoths....James Frakken Cameron! :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fkuaQNGHI

• Like 5

Congratulations to the Juggernaut 2015/2016 Thread hitting 200 pages!!!

Love it!!. To 500 pages and beyond all!! Congratulations to Avatar Land coming to  Disney

parks!

Whoo Better to showcase Lightstorm and Disneys New World than the Man behind

Avatar 1-4 himself.... I give you  the destroyer TA2 and all other behemoths....James Frakken Cameron! :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3fkuaQNGHI

That looks and sound like it will be amazing! ^_^

• Like 1

BKB is a know coward and runs from bets like every weak fanboy with epic delusions!! LOL@ TA2 will take avatar and will increase vastly over its predecessor.. Someone needs to educate BKB on Comic Book performances by follow up films.

He also has many names on here, so Im pretty sure he would come back in some shape or fashion. None of here do leave site bets anyway so like I told him before. He needs to go back where he came from with that nonsense lol

Bet was made to him 5+months ago and hes proven to be a total wuss. Says 50.US is nothing to put up along with a signature bet, but then backs out last min..lol

Hah hah BKB knows where his TA2  and his IQ is going with his past statements..And its definitely not going in an vertical motion!! lol

You are no better than BKB, matter of fact he's been more spot on with his predictions than you have even been. You predicted stupidly high numbers for every movie and failed every time until you got lucky with Avatar. The funny thing is, you still over-predicted Avatar by quite a lot lol. Its like me predicting 700-950m for evey movie for 3 years then when one finally makes it, ill call myself a prophet :rolleyes:

So yeah, you can't call anyone delusional as anyone from BOM will remember you were the worst one ;)

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

come one that's way too low, even The Hobbit did more than that.

Just a nuance: in the same years that Star Wars was making between 650 and 850 (Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith), LOTR was making between 920 and 1,120 (TTT and ROTK). LOTR was quite bigger than Star Wars WW. And now look what is happening to Hobbit: it is making the same numbers than LOTR 10 years later, so those 700-800 numbers could make some sense comparing to LOTR-Hobbit.

Said this, I think SW will fly well over 1 billion. I have it at 1.2 billion for the moment (maybe 450 DOM-750 OS). But the possibility of disappointing numbers could exist in the same way that Hobbit's case.

Amen to that and he has the audacity to call me a coward when I issued a bet even greater than what he dished out and apparently, he's not confident enough in his prediction of some staggering number of 869M Domestic for a sequel to a movie that's pretty much never even mentioned in passing to accept it, but whatever..

Posted Image

• Like 1