Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Hah hahh cool  I dig your predicts , but I think my predict will be closer :P. I still see Avatar makes uge increase overseas to the tune of 2.5-2.8B+ in the news.. And at least 800-850M on the highend Domestic My Predict WW is 3.6BWW.. :)

Are you going to be disappointed if this finished 2nd all time WW?

Happy Holidays to FMPro ,Kayum, Neo, KK, Peludo, 16, Bball, Tele, Baum, Shawn and all the gang.I like your statements on how A2 will take full advantage of the 300-400% bigger markets OS than A1. That is going to be crazy.I dont see how the domestic is close with Avatar outsellign Avengers on every level and Avengers making no dent in the HV markets.IF james loses his touch then it could be close, but I think we will get more of the T2 effect thank James not being able to rallyeven more people to the large 2d and 3D TCs domestically.Lowend for me for A2 is 660-700M, Low end for Avengers2 470-530MDepending on quality I Think we should watch MOS2 and SW7 as other potential domestic and WW Avenger2 killers..:)

Happy holidays to you to kal - el
  • Like 1

Jessie, we can go around and round about this as though this has never happened, but it was the intro to true 3D that propelled this movie and you'd have to be a gullible idiot to think otherwise.. And, sorry, but NO, No one talks about AVATAR for a movie that made as much as what it did and unless Cameron introduces someting greater than 3D, then the sequel isn't gonna make no stupid 869M Domestic like Kal thinks and YES, The AVENGERS and it's sequel is already being talked about more than the sequel to the #1 grossing movie of all time, that being AVATAR.. It's true and everyone knows it..

Avengers was the first true SH movie to have 5 movies before a team up movie. True 3D? 3D has been around since the 50s and also started again with Monsters vs Aliens (was this the title?), so that didn't have true 3D? Maybe you mean the first event 3D movie, that would be better. Has already been said already been said look at Marvel 1-2 movies a year, so that is why that is talked about. If you had the only Marvel film every 3 years would be in the same boat as Avatar. Lets wait til Summer 2016 and see where this so called non-talk is.

• Like 1

Happy Holidays Elessar ... Are you ready  for another Avatar Day upon us. James epic was so big they got theaters all over the world

to have 15min Stereo 3D presentations  in over 100 locations between dom and OS.. I think Atvr2 Day will have even greater results.

Avatar 2 day? Where did you read this?

Domestically, I'd say it's a toss-up between Avengers 2 and Avatar 2.

Avengers 2: 550m

Star Wars 7: 475m
Man of Steel 2 a.k.a. Justice League: 405m

But worldwide Avatar 2 will curbstomp everything like an Ed Norton pretending to be pissed at a carjacker but really just hating black folks.

Really? 550M, thats near JP2 levels. JP2 brought nothing new to the table, while we know Avatar 2 is upping the stakes and bringing new technologies.

Will do an Avatar 2 bet?

Do you have any idea how stupid your question sounds??? Why on earth would anyone be threatened by a fucking movie dude??? It's a MOVIE in the end, but my beef really all along is how absurd Kal's prediction for this is and it's hard to not to comment on it.. I've made some pretty high predictions before, but 869M Domestic for AVATAR 2 and 3 to 5 Billion WW is ALOT of $$$$ and moreso than many of you don't really comprehend..

So you now know the taste of your own medicine. lol

Really? 550M, thats near JP2 levels. JP2 brought nothing new to the table, while we know Avatar 2 is upping the stakes and bringing new technologies.

Will do an Avatar 2 bet?

What's JP2, Jurassic Park 2? Is that how much The Lost World dropped from the original?

And yeah, I'll do bets.

Avengers was the first true SH movie to have 5 movies before a team up movie. True 3D? 3D has been around since the 50s and also started again with Monsters vs Aliens (was this the title?), so that didn't have true 3D? Maybe you mean the first event 3D movie, that would be better. Has already been said already been said look at Marvel 1-2 movies a year, so that is why that is talked about. If you had the only Marvel film every 3 years would be in the same boat as Avatar. Lets wait til Summer 2016 and see where this so called non-talk is.

Well Put and BKB is going to look like more of a no-count than he already is Neo.. When everyone forgets Avengers and from North America to the mountains of Tibet are clamoring to see James Camerons Sequel.. :D

Heck the film may  beat my 850M  domestic and 3.6B WW predict :D. And beat avenger2 by a radic 2.1Billion. Anyway you look at it the ass whopping is going to be at least 1.5-2billion or more..

BKB and Jessee will be vanquished and ridiculed for sometime in these Pandorian walls.

Always bet on James Cameron baby!!

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade isn't a good sequel? I think I like it more than Terminator 2.

Oh that one is incredible, but its not quite up to Terminator2 Sequel quality..

I admit that is one of the best sequels of all time though Saint. But Temple of Doom messed up  Last Crusades potential to beat the first :)

• Like 1

Oh that one is incredible, but its not quite up to Terminator2 Sequel quality..

I admit that is one of the best sequels of all time though Saint. But Temple of Doom messed up  Last Crusades potential to beat the first :)

I like Temple of Doom a lot. I think it's lots of fun.

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 1

Oh its one of my favorites films, but in my opinion its the weakest of the Indy films. Only thing made Indy4 a lil questionable is those monkeys and the alien ship sequence..lol Apart from that I rank it the 3rd best out of the Indy films

I actually don't hate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as much as everyone else does.

It's a perfectly fine adventure film.

• Like 1