Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

^^^ Everyone has failures. Jesse.. You have more than most of us..Your point... Getting Alvin right.. Ive had major ones.. You jump on bandwagon films and make predictions based on patterns.. And still fail.Hey I cant help that Micheal bay and his team screwed up the story(The Same with Singer over doing with Superman 2 nostalgia--not to mention it faced Pirates 2). I believe my prediction that Transfomrers 2 would beat your ROTS still won out on the ww side...:P Hah hah.. Also you said TR3 would fall off bigtime after the ROTF...What happened.. LOL TR3 1.1billion WW... Whoopsie.Your failures far outnumber mine.. Ive had proably over 20 super picks... Whats your excuse.. But the Avatar 1 will go down in history! :) Also that SM would make over a 100 min in 3 days.. Only 10-11 people were saying that back in the day. :) You were proably another saying Tobey would drag down Spiderman.. Right? LOL

I never posted a prediction on Transformers 3 so please stop making shit up. I predicted 300m for Transformers 1 and 395m for Transformers 2, that's it. And when did anyone say Tobey would drag down Spiderman? When Spiderman came out I was 12 years old so I really didn't give a shit about its box office.And again when have I ever said Transformers 2 wouldn't beat ROTS? You make up so much shit Kal it's ridiculous.None of this matters anyways, I could get every one of my predictions wrong and it wouldn't matter as I'm not pretending to be some sort of box office prophet. You do, yet you are one of the least knowledgeable people on this site with far more failures (embarrassing failures) than successes. Edited by Jessie

Tempted to watch Avatar on Blu-ray right now. Right after Batman Begins. Hmm...

I've never seen it all the way through on TV cause I can't watch it in 3d and that's what really elevated the movie for me. The fact that I felt like I had escaped to another world and was actually in it. Saw it 6 times in the theater in 3d cause of that (4 in IMAX). I don't get that effect on TV and therefore the movie loses a lot of it's wow factor. For me.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

I've never seen it all the way through on TV cause I can't watch it in 3d and that's what really elevated the movie for me. The fact that I felt like I had escaped to another world and was actually in it. Saw it 6 times in the theater in 3d cause of that (4 in IMAX). I don't get that effect on TV and therefore the movie loses a lot of it's wow factor. For me.

I kinda get that. It's still a beautiful movie on Blu-ray, though.

• Like 1

Even in 2D, I think it holds up really well.

In terms of CGI it will hold up as well as any CG-fest movie does. The only problem is the non-CG part, as it was shot on 2K digital cameras and the live action stuff alread looked kinda out-dated since 4K is becoming a standard right now.

In terms of CGI it will hold up as well as any CG-fest movie does. The only problem is the non-CG part, as it was shot on 2K digital cameras and the live action stuff alread looked kinda out-dated since 4K is becoming a standard right now.

CG is 2K too, in almost every movie today(and "tomorrow") CG is in 2K, and DCP copie as well, even movies with no CG whatsoever like Mr. Banks have 2K DCP's, Avatar 2 should become the first movie to be done entirely in 4K and 3D, maybe HFR/ VFR.

Besides, Avatar on BD is not source, or even theater,-quality like, it can get better, 4K home version(easily upscaled since 2K source bitrate is sky high(should be, at least)) will be even better.

Edited by Cosmonaut

Come to think of it Kal, at the time when this movie was coming out, I really didn't give 2 fucks about it and it was only when it made the $$$ it did, that I took notice, but in the end, that's pretty bad that this is what get's a person to notice this movie is the box office more than the movie itself.. You've pretty well declared victory already with AVATAR 2 beating TA2 without any consideration for the fact that at the moment, TA is more popular than AVATAR which is basically never mentioned for a movie that made what it did.. To me, that doesn't bode all that well for a sequel you claim will make 3 to 5 Billion dollars WW..

Who are these people that never mention it might I ask? The people who bough the Blue Ray copies? Avatar won't be talked about as much as Avengers because they aren't releasing add ons every year to keep people reminded. No - one was talking about after 3 months before release excepts internet geeks yet that didn't effect it. Avatar 2 will beat TA 2 but TA2 will still be huge.
  • Like 2

Even in 2D, I think it holds up really well.

I have it on blueray 3D and damn some of the scenes are pretty amazing and IMO still haven't been topped. That beginning scene where Sully wakes up and we see all his crew floating out of their beds is the best 3D scene in any movie. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Don't let this douche get under your skin.. His prediction of 3-5 Billion WW for this movie is gonna come back to bite him in the ass cause the guy's clueless as to just how much 3-5 Billion really really is.. That's ALOT of $$$$$ and he has no comprehension of this..

Those large ranges are kind of Kals signature lol.
  • Like 1

It's still rare to see a film finished on 4K. It happens, but for the most part the DCPs are 2K. It's also immaterial in terms of home video... obviously decades from now 2K films may look softer than whatever super-holo-16k screens we have, but that's way down the road.

• Like 1

Thinking about this movie and the box office potential really irks me, the fact that it could go anywhere from 250-800 or beyond is honestly unfathomable. 

Will bet sig, avatar, name whatever else it does more than 250M.

Tempted to watch Avatar on Blu-ray right now. Right after Batman Begins. Hmm...

You must soak in the power OF James Cameron and his crew :D........

Do it ! Do it Shawn!!! :)...Man Im watching his Abyss Special Edition right now my friend...

" OUT STANDINGGGGG!!" ---Our pandora time is coming again, get ready Shawn. .We will break

the mold for the mega boxoffice and showup the pretenders yet again.

" One man can make a difference!" --His Name Is James Cameron!! :D

• Like 1

You must soak in the power OF James Cameron and his crew :D........

Do it ! Do it Shawn!!! :)...Man Im watching his Abyss Special Edition right now my friend...

" OUT STANDINGGGGG!!" ---Our pandora time is coming again, get ready Shawn. .We will break

the mold for the mega boxoffice and showup the pretenders yet again.

" One man can make a difference!" --His Name Is James Cameron!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67MRiMT9cnE

• Like 1

Ed is probably watching TDK and then TDKR for the 1023rd by now.

Avatar still looks gorgeous on blu-ray for sure though.

Im watching the BlueRay SE extended  tonight or tomm.. Proably tomm or watch some tonigh.. Still havent finished

the 2hr 51min Abyss SE. Also by James Cameron. Hey Hey Bballman... Can imagine how much meds BKB will be on when

he sees the mighty ass whooping Avatar 2 puts on The Avengers domestically and Abroad.

And man I hope it beats Avengers 2 domestically by 150-250+mil :). ANd then beats the entire  WW

gross of Avatar I over seas..

" Avatar 2 will chew up SWS 7 and Avengers 2 ass and use them  as jew jew beads!" ---General Quardritz :D

Lol  Fancy friend that was pretty cool. hah hah at he pic of cameron breakingthe world  deepd

iving  record by a one manned submercible. :)

Damn 2 all time mega game change blockbusters in a row.. The first in history  to do so..

First director I believe to have back to back mega awards all around the world as well.

And he should have gotten best director and best picture at oscars that yr again as well. Robbed him. Now he has the deep diving

record..  Can he be all time again for the 3rd time in a row......? Oh yes its very very possible :)