Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I have so little interest in Avatar sequels, it's not even funny. But I'll still fucking see 'em, as will half the planet. Ugh.

But of course Red D. , because you know and I know the sequel could push the envelope and have us all completely wigged out and impact the world yet again  just like Terminator2, Avatar and Titanic before it....I love how James gets even grandmas to come see a sci fi.. That is just insane.

James is the Alpha and the Omega of filmmaking.... BKB and  Water gump talk that nonsense but they will be there too pushing it into the record books yet again. OS Im expecting a new bench mark.

Domestic is the one that is the question. Will it be 570-700M, or can we go between 800-1B... OMG on the potential with a 140-160M OW and 6x+ multi..Damn!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Finished watching "The Abyss" special edition.  Haven't seen it in years but the film held up so well 25 years later.  Clearly James most under-rated film.  Can't wait to see the oceans of Pandora as James did a great job taking me to the bottom of the ocean in that film and he clearly has a love for the ocean. 

Lol we going to be laughing at our Marvel  loonies, when they remember why James Cameron is called a god by directors like Nolan, Josh Wheaton(Who actually is the man behind avengers), FRank D. Of the Myst and the Green Mile etc.

James cameron, the force is in this man like no other... May he take us into  a totally immersing world even better than the ultimate movie experience that was Avatar I :)...3B WW lets go!!!

• Like 1

It's amazing that in this day and age with so many movies making inflated numbers, James Cameron comes out of a 12 year hibernation and TOPS the all time boxoffice list AGAIN.

Its a record I dont think anyone will break and hes about to do it a 3rd time in a row. :)

Anyone here thinks somehow Jake will be jumping into other bodies  thanks to the god  connnection with him now.

:)?

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Lol we going to be laughing at our Marvel  loonies, when they remember why James Cameron is called a god by directors like Nolan, Josh Wheaton(Who actually is the man behind avengers), FRank D. Of the Myst and the Green Mile etc.

James cameron, the force is in this man like no other... May he take us into  a totally immersing world even better than the ultimate movie experience that was Avatar I :)...3B WW lets go!!!

Why laughing?

• Like 1

Posted Image

Cameron makes great entertainment cinema but spiritual journey?

I won't lie, that time I watched Aliens when I was 13 was a near spiritual experience. It sure as hell was a formative moment in my "omfg I fucking love movies" point of view.

Assholes and elbows!

• Like 4

Oh Bullshit Kal.. The only predictions I've seen 2.8B-4B WW for this movie is strictly from this site and YOU... Dude, you are so way overpredicting this movie to the point where you'll be on suicide watch of it doesn't come true..

Maybe for 4B, but I bet there are 2.8B predicts out there, where have looked need links or not true.

• Like 1

Many won't give a shit about these movies for awhile.Then the first trailer will hit...and...Cameronageddon will arrive. Servers down, dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria!It's all so predictable.

Hell yeah.....I cant wait to see what BKB bud does if alll comes true and Avatar 2

once again breaks into the top law dog spot and massacres Avatar I :)..

James is going to do it agaiN!!! The worlds first three peat  back to back World breakers!!!

• Like 1

Maybe for 4B, but I bet there are 2.8B predicts out there, where have looked need links or not true.

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/24bjhs/star_wars_episode_vii_box_office_could_hit_2/

Lol even SWs fans says James Cameron Film will murder SWs and possibly make 3-4billion and they doubt their own SW's ability to reach the 2billion mark. LOL

Let me find some Neo. Well here alone there are 3billion predicts.. So BKB

is going to get owned especially if Avengers doesnt beat the first. And Avatar 2 makes at least 2.5-3.3B :)

[–]Dorian182 4 points

1 month ago

I don't think so. Only James Cameron can defeat James Cameron.

[–]DavidH81 4 points

1 month ago

How much did Disney pay for the rights? Could they possibly recoup the cost with one film?

[–]bujweiser 3 points

1 month ago

Just think of all of the merchandise!

[–]minterbartolo 0 points

1 month ago

don't forget the countless versions that will come out on BluRay. directors cut, jedi edition, super deluxe trilogy boxset edition, etc.

[–]DONKEYKONG64LIKABOSS 3 points

1 month ago

4 Billion. And I highly doubt this movie could make 2 billion.

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

Many won't give a shit about these movies for awhile.Then the first trailer will hit...and...Cameronageddon will arrive. Servers down, dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria!It's all so predictable.

I dont think theres ever been a  James Cameron film in recent memory folks dont give a shit about LOL.. Unless your talking about his very first film Pirahna II  LOL.

Ive been talking  with too many people to count on Avatar  and it potential sequels for over a decade. Long before the movie came out. .And there are whole online communities dedicated to living the religion and spirtual beliefs of Avatar.. Go back some pages to some of my posts.

So no thats not inaccurate that no one gives a shit. You just dont see the crazy madness till James starts on the project and then when he announces we are done with the first sequels....Expect a trailer soon lol

• Like 1

For as popular as the AVENGERS are, it stands a very significant chance at outdoing the 1st movie more than AVATAR 2 stands a chance at making 4B WW Like you think it will...

And your not looking how comic films perform at all. Far more likely to fall than rise. I have Avengers at 1.45B WW.

While lets see James Cameron had back to back 2 billion epics..lol Your  grasping at straws my friend. This is james cameron who

brings golden age and quadrants of ticket buyers that simply have no interest in comic films.

Bottom line jameS Cameron does what Avengers 2  dont!! :)

• Like 1