Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 12/30/2015 at 7:45 AM, 75live said:

talking in third person, or was this an accidental slip that he was supposed to be posting as of the the new people and forgot what account he was under? :P 

No he's been talking in third person for like 50 pages. This guy is insane.

Please come back to me when all the biggest companies make ads about Avatar 2 before it's release or do something to promote it. Come back to me when parents are introducing their kids to Avatar and the characters of it's world instead of not being able to name them. Then you can tell me it is the most anticipated movie of all time.

Because it's not....not by a long shot.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I have 2 things to say about this thread.

1. I wonder what JC would think if he somehow stumbled onto this page.

2. I feel like this thread should have been a New Years drinking game.

he would think it's hilarious and get in touch with Kal to see if he wants any signed goods.

PczenMJ.jpg

On 12/30/2015 at 8:18 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

False - he just said it was better than 3 & 4, and that he saw it as the proper continuation of the trilogy - stop putting words in people's mouths, that's libel.

Dun dun dun dun Dun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA

"I feel like the franchise has been reinvigorated. This is a Renaissance"

"If you like the Terminator films....you're gonna love this movie." - hahahahahahahahahahahaha no. 

Everything he said about it paying homage to the original two movies were actually slaps in the face. And most Terminator fans loathed this movie. It was one of the worst of the year.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I have a feeling the look on his face would be similar to JamesCameronScholar avatar. That's what makes it so funny.

• Like 1

Can we cut the crap plz. Avatar wasn't as great as Kal tells it is. It doesn't come close to the storytelling of Lotr, the epic ness of T2 or had the deep chillz as titanic has. Yeah avatar was a good movie, but it wasn't great one. It isn't near the top works of JC. That said i am intersted in how the world will progress, hope JC comes up with a great story and sur this will be big and probably will get 2.2B + easly.

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I don't hate avatar

I am interested in what world can be created. 

Cameron says we will shit our pants with our mouths open so I would imagin the world is going to be even more magical than the first. He also said that the enormous task of design is about finished about 2 years of work. I'm hyped.

9 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Can we cut the crap plz. Avatar wasn't as great as Kal tells it is. It doesn't come close to the storytelling of Lotr, the epic ness of T2 or had the deep chillz as titanic has. Yeah avatar was a good movie, but it wasn't great one. It isn't near the top works of JC. That said i am intersted in how the world will progress, hope JC comes up with a great story and sur this will be big and probably will get 2.2B + easly.

Avatar was an extremely immersive (literally Pandora on Earth) cinema experience. It's a film where my heart, brain and soul all come together for the perfect cinema ride giving a crescendo of endorphins through my body. I saw it on IMAX 6 times.

They're poised to begin filming from the 1st this year my friends. I hope you're as hyped as I am.

Edited by IronJimbo

11 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Avatar wasn't as great as Kal tells it is, also wasn't as bad as haters tell it is. It's somewhere between.

But this is internet, where opinions tend to go extreme.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cameron says we will shit our pants with our mouths open so I would imagin the world is going to be even more magical than the first. He also said that the enormous task of design is about finished about 2 years of work. I'm hyped.

Avatar was an extremely immersive (literally Pandora on Earth) cinema experience. It's a film where my heart, brain and soul all come together for the perfect cinema ride giving a crescendo of endorphins through my body. I saw it on IMAX 6 times.

They're poised to begin filming from the 1st this year my friends. I hope you're as hyped as I am.

Yeah and he also said Terminator fans would love Terminator Genisys. ***crickets***

Well I'm glad it did that for you, but to me it is one of the most overrated movies of all time and I love pretty much every James Camerons film besides that one. It must be a younger generation thing because to this day I still think it looked like an expensive video game and not this immersive world. For example: The flying scenes were done better in How To Train Your Dragon and it's sequel. I felt way more of a connection there then to anything in Avatar. 

I'm not immune to 3D. The 3D in Gravity blew me away but that didn't happen with Avatar. Maybe it's because I grew up with amusement parks like Disney and Universal with actual real 3D rides. Avatar never felt like that besides the opening pod scene. The only movies that I could compare to those rides were the end sequences of Despicable Me/Minions and Gravity. I was taken out of Avatar so many times due to the CGI and the paper thin story. That's why a lot of people hate it and do call it things like a big budget Fern Gully or Pocahontas. 

Here's to hoping this one will be better but if it looks like more of the same, there's a good chance I and many others will skip it.

Edited by somebody85

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Here's to hoping this one will be better but if it looks like more of the same, there's a good chance I and many others will skip it.

Psshh see you at the OW my friend. Curiousity of seeing what Cameron has done will bring you there.

It's over as soon as the first trailer hits and the following shows.

DIRECTED BY JAMES CAMERON

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

2. I feel like this thread should have been a New Years drinking game.

Lol.  Don't worry dajk and jimbo,  cocoflies, kayom. We will likely take back domestic and surpass father avatar and put lord Cameron in all-time world breaker in all 3 spots and in the top 2 all-time domestic.  So as usual Cameron's fans have the last laugh.  

Cameron looks to still have the most important all time king and Prince spots.  As fa is looking at 1.7 to 1.9b ww. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Eh, I don't think so. I'm an old geezer and I loved AVATAR.

Yeah, I dunno! I could see kids not growing up with Star Wars and other movies like it being immersed but it never happened for me. To me those were the type of movies that I asked questions like "How did they do that?". Same with T2, Aliens, or Titanic. They were so ground breaking for their time.

I felt that briefly in Avatar but I could never shake the video game cut scene feeling (like when you aren't actually playing and just watching the story). 

I saw Gravity twice in IMAX 3D. That was such a surreal experience that I guess a lot of people got with this movie too. It really did feel like you were in space.

Edited by somebody85

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah, I dunno! I could see kids not growing up with Star Wars and other movies like it being immersed but it never happened for me. To me those were the type of movies that I asked questions like "How did they do that?". Same with T2, Aliens, or Titanic. They were so ground breaking for their time.

I felt that briefly in Avatar but I could never shake the video game cut scene feeling (like when you aren't actually playing and just watching the story). 

The technology has improved so maybe you won't feel this in the second. Also it probably feels like a video game because the ship designs have been stolen from Jim in many games.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_Aliens_in_Halo

The dropships in Avatar look similar to her dropship in Aliens.

Edited by IronJimbo

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Psshh see you at the OW my friend. Curiousity of seeing what Cameron has done will bring you there.

It's over as soon as the first trailer hits and the following shows.

DIRECTED BY JAMES CAMERON

If it looks like more of the same, no I won't be unless he has some amazing new gimmick that demands to be seen.

I don't care who directed it, I didn't care for the characters or the story in the first one. He can say whatever he wants about it but if the trailer is not mind blowing visually, I will definitely skip it. 

To me Warcraft is reminding me of it already CGI wise and I doubt I'll see that in theaters.

Edited by somebody85

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I dunno man, to each their own. I thought AVATAR was mind-blowing from a technical perspective.

• Like 3