Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

25 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

You have got to be the most clueless, tone deaf individual I've ever encountered on the internet.. Do you have any idea how much $$$ 1.3B really is Kal???  You really think a sequel like this is going to increase THAT much, which by the way, by box office rules, is supposed to decrease from the 1st movie, even to some extent, right??? You think this is somehow magically going to make 1.3B Domestic when it's taken TFA every bit of energy to muster up the total it's had thus far and that's from the Holiday's being over and people going back to work???

sL1se0g.gif

This gif made me laugh :rotfl:

I mean, BKB used to be known for annoying the crap out of a lot of users, but even he can't handle the craziness of Kal. :lol:

PS: which movie is the gif from?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Over 5 amusement parks planned.  Some being put up by our competition.. Aka Disney.

Where do you get this from, give us source ...

The only thing I heard of is a themed area of Animal Kingdom (part of Disney World) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%E2%80%93The_World_of_Avatar

It's not a whole theme park...

Star Wars also gets a themed area in both Disneyland and Disneyworld

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Land

You see Kal, with source, if not your information are as valuable as me saying random thing like "Russians are building a real pandora moon in space"....

4 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

If I've attracted enough cash.  Are you kidding future.  I'm getting my butt to the Grand Opening next year. And if in at my goal.  Going to pay for cocho, Ethan, kayom, dash, vc2002,Jimbo, captain Craig, 75 and all our diehard pandorian family to come to the ribbon cutting at Orlando. 

I don't how much cash you got but you might have to count me out, flights to Orlando from Pandora cost millions.

5 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Fox is building a few,  Disney is building 3 for now.  And China and other locations have plans.  I think some parks will be about extending Pandora to the real world and may even have next generation animatronics related to the movies the likes we haven't seen before,  others maybe visual and full body virtual reality cash grab rides connecting to avatar 1 and 2. .. Can't wait to see what twentyth century fox builds. 

Come on Kal what are your sources.

Disney is building ONE theme area in Animal Kingdom not 3 !

Firstly I'll just like to commend Kal's efforts tonight, his posts have big heart and do us Pandorians proud.

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

You have got to be the most clueless, tone deaf individual I've ever encountered on the internet.. Do you have any idea how much $$$ 1.3B really is Kal???  You really think a sequel like this is going to increase THAT much, which by the way, by box office rules, is supposed to decrease from the 1st movie, even to some extent, right??? You think this is somehow magically going to make 1.3B Domestic when it's taken TFA every bit of energy to muster up the total it's had thus far and that's from the Holiday's being over and people going back to work???

If anything sws has shown us how little 900m domestic is (if it makes that).  I see people on here trying to justify sws having no legs by saying "everyone went and saw it in the first week" as if Titanic and Avatar were not bringing in rewatches from casual cinema goers.

All the sws loonies have seen TFA 20 times by now, they would keep going but they've mostly bankrupted themselves.

"by box office rules, is supposed to decrease from the 1st movie"

1. Most sequels are worse than the orginals and are just heartless cash grabs

2. James Cameron does not follow box office rules

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If anything sws has shown us how little 900m domestic is (if it makes that). 

Right ... do you know that only 9 movies made more than 450m domestic ?

So you are saying that a movie that made more than twice as much as every other movie in existence (expect 8 others) is very little ?

Every year there are more than 500 movies made by hollywood fyi.

Dude you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Edited by RascarCapat

14 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

Right ... do you know that only 9 movies made more than 450m domestic ?

So you are saying that a movie that made more than twice as much as every other movie in existence (expect 8 others) is very little ?

Every year there are more than 500 movies made by hollywood fyi.

Dude you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Thats like comparing Messi and C.Ronaldo with division 2 players. We're talking about the big league here and Cameron is the legends and champion of the sport.

Look at swstfa, was it a good film they pushed the boundries of cinema and delieved a new experience that reached the hearts of hundres of millions?

No, it was a safe unimagitive franchise film made for the purpose of mining nostalgia gold. It did it's job well but it wasn't a special film like Avatar or Titanic.

James Cameron will push the boundries of cinema yet agian with Avatar 2, but this time it's a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

Cameron legs meet franchise opening, it will be the greatest box office powerhouse in the history of the world.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Thats like comparing Messi and C.Ronaldo with division 2 players. We're talking about the big league here and Cameron is the legends and champion of the sport.

Look at swstfa, was it a good film they pushed the boundries of cinema and delieved a new experience that reached the hearts of hundres of millions?

No, it was a safe unimagitive franchise film made for the purpose of mining nostalgia gold. It did it's job well but it wasn't a special film like Avatar or Titanic.

James Cameron will push the boundries of cinema yet agian with Avatar 2, but this time it's a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

Cameron legs meet franchise opening, it will be the greatest box office powerhouse in the history of the world.

Second highest ;) (domestic, still #1 WW)

What does this mean for VIII? Technically that will be sequel to the #1 film.

34 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Second highest ;) (domestic, still #1 WW)

What does this mean for VIII? Technically that will be sequel to the #1 film.

No it grossed the most money.

the highest grossing film of all time is literally correct while you're just changing the definition.

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No it grossed the most money.

the highest grossing film of all time is literally correct while you're just changing the definition.

Yea, I'll give you that. But, had it grossed the same as TFA domestically, it could have made it even closer to 3B WW. Hollywood makes more money from domestic gross for sure, but there still is something to be said about WW.

That being said, TFA relied solely on a gimmick: nostalgia. So did avatar: 3D. Neither film would have made as much money as they did without this cool little "toy" they had to play with. Audiences didn't come back to Avatar for its story or characters; they came for the effects. Same goes for TFA; people just came back to visit a galaxy far far away again.

Ill I'm saying is to not get your hopes up if Avatar 2 only does 500M domestic. May I ask by the way your predicts for Avatar 2 and Episode 8 domestic and worldwide?

Ill go first :) Episode 8: 689 million domestic and 1.87 billion worldwide

Avatar 2: 509 million domestic and 2.081 billion worldwide

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, I'll give you that. But, had it grossed the same as TFA domestically, it could have made it even closer to 3B WW. Hollywood makes more money from domestic gross for sure, but there still is something to be said about WW.

That being said, TFA relied solely on a gimmick: nostalgia. So did avatar: 3D. Neither film would have made as much money as they did without this cool little "toy" they had to play with. Audiences didn't come back to Avatar for its story or characters; they came for the effects. Same goes for TFA; people just came back to visit a galaxy far far away again.

Ill I'm saying is to not get your hopes up if Avatar 2 only does 500M domestic. May I ask by the way your predicts for Avatar 2 and Episode 8 domestic and worldwide?

Ill go first :) Episode 8: 689 million domestic and 1.87 billion worldwide

Avatar 2: 509 million domestic and 2.081 billion worldwide

Cinema is a visual medium and sound is a gimmick, all the films have relied on this gimmick since the silent era.

3D is a gimmick in the same sense sound is.

Don't quote this but I'll give you actual predictions just this once. Dom between Avatar and TFA and OS within 10% of 2.3B. So I guess ~2.9 to 3.5b WW

Episode 8 will probably have a slightly bigger opening weekend but make a little less overall. So $1.9b-$2b WW and 850DOM

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

That's funny coming from someone who might possibly have a sockpuppet account himself...(DMan7)

I kinda feel bad for coming on these forums, it's almost like I'm Jake Sullying Kal's honest name.

It should be pretty obivious I'm not him though just by time of posts, he is American I'm European.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

We've been over and over and over on this: Everyone, MODS included who know me, know that I have never done double accounts.. Not now and not ever, whether it was at BOM, WORLD OF KJ or RT.. Nice try though..

Disappointing that someone who obviously knows the what's it's like to be called an imposter is so quick to call one.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cinema is a visual medium and sound is a gimmick, all the films have relied on this gimmick since the silent era.

3D is a gimmick in the same sense sound is.

Don't quote this but I'll give you actual predictions just this once. Dom between Avatar and TFA and OS within 10% of 2.3B. So I guess ~2.9 to 3.5b WW

Episode 8 will probably have a slightly bigger opening weekend but make a little less overall. So $1.9b-$2b WW and 850DOM

Seems quite reasonable. Don't quote me on mine either, but it's actually nice to see an Avatar predict that isn't insane. 

I I can't wait to be a part of Avatar 2's weekend thread :) That'll be an interesting weekend indeed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Audiences didn't come back to Avatar for its story or characters; they came for the effects. 

How many of the billions of people you interviewed told you that?

Because I went to see the film 5 times while in theatres BECAUSE of the characters and their story. So that alone proves that your assessment is inaccurate.

No matter how much you tell yourself otherwise, if audiences don't care about what happens to the characters in any story, no amount of nostalgia, glowing fauna, or 3D will matter.

I know that "it was only the 3D/the nostalgia" is the stupid rationalizations that internet trolls tend to make to belittle the success of Avatar and TFA, and it's become a troll mantra now, but that's not how real people in the real world connect to stories and tales. The essence of any story is the characters, and yes, that includes films like Transformers, which detractors love to bash with "clever" assertions like "It was only a plotless collection of explosions".

If you really, truly believe that films like AVATAR, TFA, and TRANSFORMESR make the movie they make because of technical stuff, you are deluding yourself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

We've been over and over and over on this: Everyone, MODS included who know me, know that I have never done double accounts.. Not now and not ever, whether it was at BOM, WORLD OF KJ or RT.. Nice try though..

I know that you are not Dman7.  But if you continue that silly thing of trying to belittle and dismiss IronJimbo's opinion by accusing him of being KalEl, then I will say the same about you.

It's incredibly obvious by their grammar and punctuation that Jimbo and Kal are two different people. The only thing they have in common is a love for Avatar, just like you and Dman7 share a mindless hatred for DC and a propensity to post "This will suck!" on DC threads every two hours.