Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Fox would sure love it he did. Right now 2014's major event film looks to be Mockingjay Part 1.

If you mean unscheduled movies than I would put Avatar 2 above Mocking Jay Part 1. A few movies that could battle it with MJ are TASM2, TF4 or JPIV.

I'm sure Sam Worthington feels happy in his innerside.That franchise will keep his face hot in Hollywood for years.

At leats he is still in the lead unlike charity cameo/seriously reduced screen time actors coming back to TH such as Elijah Wood and Borlenado.

^^^^This statement reflects what I've known since the film came out but the more people who watch Avatar on DVD/BR now realize how weak the movie is from a story perspective.I think the amount of interest in the sequels seems to decline the longer it goes without a sequel.It'd take holographic, smell-a-vision for Cameron to get people into Avatar 2 at the same levels of the first at this rate. :lol:

^^^^This statement reflects what I've known since the film came out but the more people who watch Avatar on DVD/BR now realize how weak the movie is from a story perspective.I think the amount of interest in the sequels seems to decline the longer it goes without a sequel.It'd take holographic, smell-a-vision for Cameron to get people into Avatar 2 at the same levels of the first at this rate. :lol:

Avatar 2 doesn't need same admissions as Avatar to be successful. 5+ year of Inflation + 3D should help it get to at least 500M and probably close to 600M.

TPM, IJ4, TS3 all say hi.

And while those numbers are still nice it's a huge, huge drop off. Assuming it can do that.The level of perceived success has to also go down with that as well.

True but when you factor in OS, it should easily offset loss in domestic revenue especially when you think about China, Russia, and other emerging markets. Some Chinese posters believe Avatar 2 could easily approach 500M+ there. Edited by druv10

TPM, IJ4, TS3 all say hi.

Those can't say HI as they don't compare. You are strictly going with "time between sequels" which isn't my full point.RoTJ, IJ3 and TS2 weren't and aren't viewed as flawed character pieces with weak plots. That is the full thrust of my point and that the time factor only allows for more people to see that, at home on their 52" flat screen cause the WOW of 3D just isn't there to hold their interest.

This statement suggests some people are gonna eat crows again on Avatar sequels. B)
  • Like 2

I don't remember where the exact interview was but I remember Cameron acknowledging that by the time a sequel would come out most of the residual hype from the first would probably have worn off and that he'd have to earn back the audience again. I'm sure he's figured out or will figure out a way to do it.

• Like 1

I don't remember where the exact interview was but I remember Cameron acknowledging that by the time a sequel would come out most of the residual hype from the first would probably have worn off and that he'd have to earn back the audience again. I'm sure he's figured out or will figure out a way to do it.

Yep, you never underestimate "king of the world". :) :) :)

At leats he is still in the lead unlike charity cameo/seriously reduced screen time actors coming back to TH such as Elijah Wood and Borlenado.

You will never let these guys catch a break, won't you?

lol

At least, Elijah is still working...not like his TheGoodSon co-star, Macauley or his ForeverYoung costar, Mel...

:)