Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Avatar 2 will be the first film to be shown on Mars and it will gross 14 billion republic credits there, which will get added to the WW gross.  

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Avatar 2 will be the first film to be shown on Mars and it will gross 14 billion republic credits there, which will get added to the WW gross.  

Slogan of A2 marketing: Get your ass to Mars!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Yep 800-1 b in China ,1b plus domestic, 500-600 m in Japan , 200 m in uk are some definitely attainable goals. Loving it.  Wow nearly 2 billion from just 2 freaking territories would freak everyone who tracks bo out. Then add in the domestic, 3 b and beyond is likely to happen. Under ideal circumstances, we might see 4 billion ww my pandorian family. Let no disasters stand in Avatar iis way. Lets do it

19 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I can't see how this film makes less than $3b.

Wait, are you guys serious?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

I really don't know. I would love for that to happen but I would need some convincing on that. 

I'm working on a new series of graphs and data, looking at XR, inflation and the current cinema market.

I did the same when with Sws Force Of Awakening, here is one of my pieces.

NA3NmR6.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/13/2016 at 7:39 AM, weihai111 said:

avatar2 will make 1billion in china,remember my chinese love camerc

Anyone that doubts 3 b to 4 b is possible. Just have to look at Cameron's  fanbase and it keeps increasing..  Lol@ folks asking if we are serious. Who is the director that the same fools said his blue cat people film would flop:D. Our answer Titanic, most successful  one run film of all time. Then When no film can't beat Titanic after 13 yrs, he freaking does it again  with the greatest movie and involving experience of all time aka Avatar.

I think anyone that states it's impossible for Cameron to do it again, arent of rational thought. 

As his fanbase keeps growing domestically and OS. All that hype of sws in  so many screens and Cameron is so powerful that it not only couldn't beat avatar, it couldn't displace Titanic either. And it's in thousands of more screens. That shows the Yoda very lkely could do it again.

Edited by Kalel009Shel
  • Like 1

Ti

On 5/14/2016 at 1:29 PM, Heretic said:

LOOOOOL.

Just wow.

REM you were one of the fools saying avatar would flop on mojo. Baumer stated it will be looking lucky to make 600 m ww. Anything you two state with all the missed calls, should be taken as seriously as Ronald McDonald. Lol

39 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I love how arrogant JC is to think the public wants four sequels, he's due for some big budget floppage IMO.

What a stupid thing to say. He clearly cares about this world he created and has a lot still to tell about it. The success gives him the leeway to do so. It has nothing to do with arrogance.  I guess Rowling is arrogant for writing 7 books about a boy wizard, too. Or what about Marvel churning out movies after movies every year (sigh), those arrogant sons of bitches...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

What a stupid thing to say. He clearly cares about this world he created and has a lot still to tell about it. The success gives him the leeway to do so. It has nothing to do with arrogance.  I guess Rowling is arrogant for writing 7 books about a boy wizard, too. Or what about Marvel churning out movies after movies every year (sigh), those arrogant sons of bitches...

How is it stupid exactly? Avatar isn't based on a beloved book series or long standing comic book characters lol /comparison. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How is it stupid exactly? Avatar isn't based on a beloved book series or long standing comic book characters lol /comparison. 

In the case of Potter, i wasn't talking about the movies. Reading comprehension...

Calling someone arrogant for wanting to continue telling stories about something he cares about IS stupid.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Elessar said:

In the case of Potter, i wasn't talking about the movies. Reading comprehension...

Calling someone arrogant for wanting to continue telling stories about something he cares about IS stupid.

I'll say it again, it's arrogant to assume the public wants 4 more Avatars when the story was clearly the weak link in the experience. It's that simple. Agree to disagree is fine by me.

It's not arrogant to think people would want to watch 4 sequels to the highest grossing film of all time.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/

Take a look at the amount of shitty franchises which made money, because people went and watched the sequels.

Final point; See you at the Avatar 2 opening weekend m8

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's not arrogant to think people would want to watch 4 sequels to the highest grossing film of all time.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchises/

Take a look at the amount of shitty franchises which made money, because people went and watched the sequels.

Final point; See you at the Avatar 2 opening weekend m8

There wasn't a sequel to Titanic or ET (& rightly so), enough said.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

There wasn't a sequel to Titanic or ET (& rightly so), enough said.

How is this an arguement?

"Good film doesn't have sequel! Now sequels shouldn't exist."

Also not that it matters but Titanic doesn't exactly allow for a sequel.