Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, Grand Moff said:

That's not really true. There are plenty of homages in cinema that are deeply creative - just look at QT movies.

Different level of homage, TFA does it to an embarrassing level. TFA isn't creative either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff said:

It's the most creative film of the last 20 years IMO. That's why it's the highest grossing film of all time.

That sounds dubious, to say the least.

Is TFA more creative than Mad Max: Fury Road?

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

Just now, Grand Moff Tele said:

Moderation:

Guys, if you want to argue franchises, take it to the Franchise Wars thread. This thread is for talking about A2's production. 

thank you actually, was about to bust a blood cell in my forehead

• Like 2

On 12/18/2016 at 10:51 AM, Grand Moff said:

Yeah, this is called homage. It's quite common.

And not just ANH. There are many Prequels homages, especially ROTS

Image result for rey and kylo and obi wan anakin fight

Image result for rey and kylo and obi wan anakin fight

I like this homage more than ANH homages. These show 2 types of hell - Mustafar's classic fire and brimstone one and SKB's 9th circle of hell that's icy reserved for traitors/murderers of their kin.

This is another good one, cause of different outcome:

Image result for anakin chokes padme

Padme succumbs

Related image

Rey resists and turns tables

• Like 3

On 12/18/2016 at 8:01 AM, cannastop said:

That sounds dubious, to say the least.

Is TFA more creative than Mad Max: Fury Road?

This was a joke right? Obviously! Mad Max was a plotless wonder with the most boring characters imaginable. 

And sorry but I'm with IronJimbo on Avatar over Gravity. To pretend that Gravity was some philosophical wonder of modern filmmaking is laughable. Gravity was a GOOD, solid visual movie I awarded a respectable B rating to but Bullock's "acting" with her woof woof sob sob sob woof woof scene alone was one of the worst things I've seen in cinema in 20 years. If it were Sharknado 7 maybe that would work but to hold Gravity up on a pedestal?! For WHAT? The unrealistic space action? It was just an action movie no more no less. Avatar was and is a far better movie than Gravity and it's not close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

This was a joke right? Obviously! Mad Max was a plotless wonder with the most boring characters imaginable. 

And sorry but I'm with IronJimbo on Avatar over Gravity. To pretend that Gravity was some philosophical wonder of modern filmmaking is laughable. Gravity was a GOOD, solid visual movie I awarded a respectable B rating to but Bullock's "acting" with her woof woof sob sob sob woof woof scene alone was one of the worst things I've seen in cinema in 20 years. If it were Sharknado 7 maybe that would work but to hold Gravity up on a pedestal?! For WHAT? The unrealistic space action? It was just an action movie no more no less. Avatar was and is a far better movie than Gravity and it's not close.

Never mentioned Gravity but Avatar is clearly the superior film! Gravity was a cool watch but nothing more.

Edited by IronJimbo