grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

Yeah, it is a little more complicated than that, though.  It is completely socially acceptable for girls to wear the color blue or play high school sports, but it is socially questionable if boys wear the color pink or like to shop for clothes at the mall.  It is not males or females fault of this generation for this thinking - it is ingrained sexism from patriarchy over tens of thousands of years of human cities/civilization.  Guys are totally fine with watching two women kiss, because that does not threaten male patriarchy.  But guys often have a problem with watching two men kissing, or the idea of same-sex marriage, because that does threaten male patriarchy.

Guys have no problem watching two women kissing because its fucking sexy. 

• Like 4

Yeah, it is a little more complicated than that, though.  It is completely socially acceptable for girls to wear the color blue or play high school sports, but it is socially questionable if boys wear the color pink or like to shop for clothes at the mall.  It is not males or females fault of this generation for this thinking - it is ingrained sexism from patriarchy over tens of thousands of years of human cities/civilization.  Guys are totally fine with watching two women kiss, because that does not threaten male patriarchy.  But guys often have a problem with watching two men kissing, or the idea of same-sex marriage, because that does threaten male patriarchy.

Maybe in the middle of nowhere Kansas, Illinois, or Minnesota, it is. But, in my generation and younger and in cities like Vancouver and really any other large western-civilised city in the world, we're all so fucking metrosexualised that it doesn't really matter. 

Have you seen this Forg? The reviews have gone better, it still a rotten though. Should I see it?

Yup, I liked it. There are dragging parts though but overall it is solid.  I give 7/10

I think you will like it

• Like 1

Ironically enough, I just googled around and in the 1920s American companies were pushing the exact reverse: pink was the appropriate color for boys and blue was for girls. It wasn't until the Boomers were born after WWII that it switched to what we're familiar with now. (Prior to the 1900s or so both sexes basically just wore white.)

• Like 3

50 mil.

Slightly higher than the first one which I remember was around 45M. Still hoping for the best. I do really want to see another Muppets movie...... or a TV special or show.

• Like 2

Sources tell BoxOffice that Divergent could be looking at around $25 million for Friday based on matinee and early evening business. From there, the adaptation will likely be looking at a $55-57 million weekend.

Muppets Most Wanted is off to a healthy start, as well. Sources tell BoxOffice that the sequel is on pace to bring in $6.5 million today, giving it a shot at $22+ million for the weekend.

Edited by Durden
  • Like 3

Ironically enough, I just googled around and in the 1920s American companies were pushing the exact reverse: pink was the appropriate color for boys and blue was for girls. It wasn't until the Boomers were born after WWII that it switched to what we're familiar with now. (Prior to the 1900s or so both sexes basically just wore white.)

Posted Image

Not sure this guy wore pink at any time in his life though.