baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

1000 points each.

The post you are referring to means there will be at least 30 questions.   :)

Oh! I see now. 6,000 points so far then.  :ph34r: ((If we're counting the OD questions then 7,000 already.)) Also Baumer for the Over 35 Million OD question, if the number's exactly on 35 million where do the points land too? The people who said no, or the people who said yes?

It will never be exactly 35 mill.  Once the actuals come in, it will be higher or lower.  

So if its 35,010,000, that's over.

I only missed one week of questions last summer, sadly it was the MOS megaweek with 5000 questions plus my individual questions too so I lost about 98 million points that week.

If it was for that I could have finished 24th, maybe even 22nd :(

• Like 1

There might be some people in line for a perfect first score in the SOTM 1.

I get the feeling i'm one of those ?  depends on the monday drop essentially and where the weekend actually lands.

essentially estimates between 32m and 35m at the moment for friday.  if it's 32m then i'd low 80's even possibly high 70's is on the cards for the weekend..... 35m should be close to 90m though. unless it's more frontloaded than we think.

• Like 1

Oh boy, if ASM2 has a very good Saturday bump, there are a lot of people who are going to lose a lot of points in the SOTM question.

• Like 1

This one was refreshingly easy (estimated increase is 229%)

I think I did that question wrong.  I think I meant to put Saturday.   :lol:

• Like 5

The possible scores for SOTM 1 are:

4 correct 20k

3 correct 0 wrong 15k

2 correct 0 wrong 10k

1 correct 0 wrong 5k

3 correct 1 wrong 5k

2 correct 2 wrong -10k

2 correct 1 wrong 0

1 correct 3 wrong -25k

1 correct 2 wrong -15k

1 correct 1 wrong -5k

1 wrong -10k

2 wrong -20k

3 wrong -30k

4 wrong -40k

Out of 14 possible scenarios only 5 score better than abstaining (and 2 of those 5 is only 1000 more). For this reason I decided abstaining was a must as scoring a decent number of points required answering 2 or more questions and getting a 100% accuracy record.

I did not trust myself 

• Like 2

The possible scores for SOTM 1 are:

4 correct 20k

3 correct 0 wrong 15k

2 correct 0 wrong 10k

1 correct 0 wrong 5k

3 correct 1 wrong 5k

2 correct 2 wrong -10k

2 correct 1 wrong 0

1 correct 3 wrong -25k

1 correct 2 wrong -15k

1 correct 1 wrong -5k

1 wrong -10k

2 wrong -20k

3 wrong -30k

4 wrong -40k

Out of 14 possible scenarios only 5 score better than abstaining (and 2 of those 5 is only 1000 more). For this reason I decided abstaining was a must as scoring a decent number of points required answering 2 or more questions and getting a 100% accuracy record.

I did not trust myself 

An Electro trailer quote seems appropriate for that score range:

"You wanna be the hero? Now you gotta pay the price."

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

The possible scores for SOTM 1 are: 4 correct 20k3 correct 0 wrong 15k2 correct 0 wrong 10k1 correct 0 wrong 5k 3 correct 1 wrong 5k2 correct 2 wrong -10k2 correct 1 wrong 01 correct 3 wrong -25k1 correct 2 wrong -15k1 correct 1 wrong -5k 1 wrong -10k2 wrong -20k3 wrong -30k4 wrong -40k Out of 14 possible scenarios only 5 score better than abstaining (and 2 of those 5 is only 1000 more). For this reason I decided abstaining was a must as scoring a decent number of points required answering 2 or more questions and getting a 100% accuracy record. I did not trust myself

Yup - same thought process here

So, this question for BSG can be answered.

20) Will the first posted "projection" about ASM2 be higher than the number reported with official Friday estimates?

Since the first "projection" was 35M from Nikki, and official estimate is 35.5M, the answer is NO.

• Like 3