baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Gaining or losing 25,000 in a SOTM question is never really supposed to be something that happens.  A regular SOTM question is worth between 8-10K.  

If you are stupid or ballsy enough to go for a part of the question that is almost impossible to get right (odds are not in your favour) then your reward/punishment should reflect as such.  I don't encourage people to go for the big risks....that's why the amount of points that you lose is so big.  So I am not encouraging people to be risky.  The normal part of the SOTM question, the one you should be answering, is very fair.  But if you are tempted, well, then you are on your own and you face whatever comeuppance is upon you for getting too cocky.

I just wanted to bump this.

Kitik mentioned that sOTM's should not have such a big loss if you go for the whole thing.  That is my response.

I went through the 200 mill OW question and there were only three or four people that got that wrong.  I'm not sure who they are though.

Bonus 5:  What will Frozen gross in Japan for the weekend?  6000 (for this question only, the three closest players will get the points)

To make sure this time, where will you take this number from?

Bonus 5:  What will Frozen gross in Japan for the weekend?  6000 (for this question only, the three closest players will get the points)

To make sure this time, where will you take this number from?

For the Japan gross, here is what I got from the Japan international gross thread:

Well, there are no official estimates, but there are sources to get them. First, the estimates from screendaily, deadline, etc which come out on Sunday American time like other weekend estimates. But those estimates usually are only for certain movies, I think you're familiar with that. And then, there are estimates from Corpse which come out on the same day, usually not long after those reports on box office websites. They are not as accurate, but really helpful and also there are numbers for all movies. Then on early Monday morning American time, the actuals from Japan come out.

So I'm going to wait until actuals are reported on Monday, in the Japan thread, for the gross for Frozen.

• Like 3