Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

If a reboot of Batman arrives before 2020 I hope it will be hated as TASM, I don't want a new Batman trilogy this decade..WB should focus on Superman.

Yeah, we're getting one before 2020. It's inevitable.To be fair here, Nolan's series ran out its course, while Raimi's necessarily didn't. But Sony probably made the right move in the end. How much we hate on new Batman depends on what direction they go in. If we're getting a Nolan retread then it certainly will be hated, because whoever takes the reins probably won't be able to do it as well as Nolan and it will be giving the deja vu feeling we got at times with TASM. Edited by MrPink

If a reboot of Batman arrives before 2020 I hope it will be hated as TASM, I don't want a new Batman trilogy this decade..WB should focus on Superman.

I thought you liked TASM... But I agree, it would be ridiculous to reboot Batman so soon, just like it was ridiculous to reboot Spider-Man so soon.

I thought you liked TASM... But I agree, it would be ridiculous to reboot Batman so soon, just like it was ridiculous to reboot Spider-Man so soon.

I loved TASM, but it was unfairly disregarded or criticized only because it's a reboot.SM3 was bad, the franchise took the wrong way, a new reboot helped to restore the franchise into the right way.Nolan's Batman are perfect, or almost perfect, a reboot would kill the hype, I can't see a better Batman, we'll be disappointed by a new Batman, I feel it.Man of Steel seems promising, they should focus on it.

The buzz for TDKR in China is insane.

Give an example, the news of the release (date) of TDKR from yesterday afternoon has got nearly 8M tweets on Weibo.com, the biggest microblog site in China, in 24 hours. Only the release of Titanic 3D had topped that number if I remember right.

Give an example, the news of the release (date) of TDKR from yesterday afternoon has got nearly 8M tweets on Weibo.com, the biggest microblog site in China, in 24 hours. Only the release of Titanic 3D had topped that number if I remember right.

Wow, TDKR is going to be huge in China then!Weibo is like the Chinese version of Twitter right? As Twitter was/is banned in China.

That's sounds great but how would it actually reflects to the box office How is Spidey's tweets? Hehehe~

The hype ON THE INTERNET is always going to be great. TDK was one of the most downloaded films in China. Edited by vc2002

That's sounds great but how would it actually reflects to the box officeHow is Spidey's tweets? Hehehe~

Spidey has much much less tweets. Overal internet buzz TDKR at least twices TASM. But with possible family movie-goers, TASM will surely narrow their box office gap.

The hype ON THE INTERNET is always going to be great. TDK was one of the most downloaded films in China.

Huge internet hype is always good sign, especially for Hollywood movies. Great internet hype before releases turned into huge box office: TF3, Titanic 3D.Movies with average internet buzz can do BIG at box office but the ones with huge internet buzz always do HUGE too. At least, so far no miss. Edited by firedeep