baumer

Some men just want to watch.... TDKR (The Amazing Baumer Transformation Thread)

If that happens, this will be my reaction:

Posted Image

Above gif is me going to sleep for the night. I expect to wake up to many happy tidings and celebrations.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

I originally gave TDKR a 6.  All of the poorly written plot pieces bugged the hell out of me.  Well none of those plot pieces have changed, they are still really dumb, but as many of said about the film before, you can overlook them when the film has a grip on you.  I had no intention of ever watching this film again.  But then my brother in law (who I guess is just a friend now) gave me a copy of it along with about another 100 films.  He does this for me every 3 months.  That's about how little we get to see each other now.  I digress.  So I've watched all kinds of films in the last two weeks, mostly straight to DVD films like The Paperboy, The Factory, For a Good Time Call and so on.  And then last night, there was a lot of commotion in the house, so instead of watching a new film, I decided to watch TDKR again.  

When I saw it in 2012, even the beginning bothered me.  The tone was set right away and it never recovered.  I picked apart the movie from minute one.  Then I saw it again two days later, and still didn't like it.

Apparently time can heal all wounds because seeing it last night, the tone of the film really felt different this time.  The music felt like it made the film a dark and almost ominous experience.  I liked the theme of the rich paying a price for all of their greed and opulence.  I liked Catwoman SOOOO much better this time.  Her motives, her look and her speech.  The Stock Exchange robbery and the Bruce Wayne lost fortune was still really dumb and there were still a lot of dumb things in the movie.  But they didn't bother me.  The film just resonated with me this time.  And dammit I even got a little choked up when he told Catwoman that he hadn't given the people everything, not yet.  

This is still not as good as TDK, which in my eyes is a masterpiece and the true best picture of 2008 but I'll definitely bump it from a 6 to an 8.5.  I'm glad I saw it again.

As for Citizen Kane, that opinion will never change as I've already seen it 4 times.  

ASM won't change either because it's just a rip off of the series that came out 5 years previous.

Thanks for making a separate thread for this, it's kind of funny.  

• Like 17

I'm disappointed in you Baumer. I thought we were together in this. TDKR should be detested. TDKR should not be allowed reconsideration. TDKR has deserved our scorn, mockery and contempt from the moment it arrived, in all of its loud stupidity, into our movie theaters. For more than 20 months now we have been lonely and brave and uncompromising haters of TDKR, knowing deep inside that we were right and our way was the only way. And now it suddenly appears that you, Baumer, never learned to do what is necessary for our cause. You have betrayed us. YOU HAVE BETRAYED US

[in Robert De Niro's voice]

You are gonna burn for this, Baumer.

• Like 4

And for the record, I didn't make this thread. I didn't even know you could do something like this.

Just one of Tele's many tricks to draw attention and generate likes. Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 6

I originally gave TDKR a 6.  All of the poorly written plot pieces bugged the hell out of me.  Well none of those plot pieces have changed, they are still really dumb, but as many of said about the film before, you can overlook them when the film has a grip on you.  I had no intention of ever watching this film again.  But then my brother in law (who I guess is just a friend now) gave me a copy of it along with about another 100 films.  He does this for me every 3 months.  That's about how little we get to see each other now.  I digress.  So I've watched all kinds of films in the last two weeks, mostly straight to DVD films like The Paperboy, The Factory, For a Good Time Call and so on.  And then last night, there was a lot of commotion in the house, so instead of watching a new film, I decided to watch TDKR again.  

When I saw it in 2012, even the beginning bothered me.  The tone was set right away and it never recovered.  I picked apart the movie from minute one.  Then I saw it again two days later, and still didn't like it.

Apparently time can heal all wounds because seeing it last night, the tone of the film really felt different this time.  The music felt like it made the film a dark and almost ominous experience.  I liked the theme of the rich paying a price for all of their greed and opulence.  I liked Catwoman SOOOO much better this time.  Her motives, her look and her speech.  The Stock Exchange robbery and the Bruce Wayne lost fortune was still really dumb and there were still a lot of dumb things in the movie.  But they didn't bother me.  The film just resonated with me this time.  And dammit I even got a little choked up when he told Catwoman that he hadn't given the people everything, not yet.  

This is still not as good as TDK, which in my eyes is a masterpiece and the true best picture of 2008 but I'll definitely bump it from a 6 to an 8.5.  I'm glad I saw it again.

As for Citizen Kane, that opinion will never change as I've already seen it 4 times.  

ASM won't change either because it's just a rip off of the series that came out 5 years previous.

Thanks for making a separate thread for this, it's kind of funny.  

Kudos for having the guts to admit the flip flop after having so many debates with various people on here. Most people would not have the courage to admit it publicly after taking such a strong stance in the past.

• Like 8