Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

I liked Chewy in this though. It could've been cool to get an Indian actor, but Chewy was the best part besides Damon

Also, seriously

if I ever make movies, provided it's a relatively light-hearted affair, I'm gonna end all of them with credits where the name shows up next to the actor in an epilogue scene. It's honestly what I'm still thinking the most about this movie is how sweet that was

• Like 1

I liked Chewy in this though. It could've been cool to get an Indian actor, but Chewy was the best part besides Damon

Also, seriously

if I ever make movies, provided it's a relatively light-hearted affair, I'm gonna end all of them with credits where the name shows up next to the actor in an epilogue scene. It's honestly what I'm still thinking the most about this movie is how sweet that was

The name "Venkat Kapoor" frankly does not allow for much of an interpretation of the character to be played by a non-Indian actor. Unless Chewy was adopted by an Indian family at a very early age, but then his accent isn't either Indian or US fully.

Edited by grim22

The name "Venkat Kapoor" frankly does not allow for much of an interpretation of the character to be played by a non-Indian actor. Unless Chewy was adopted by an Indian family at a very early age, but then his accent isn't either Indian or US fully.

I don't remember exactly, but didn't he have a line about how his father was a Catholic and his mother was a Hindu? (Which doesn't mean non-Indian, of course, but it gives the hint of an out).

• Like 3

Take it to the next level, Blanks, and do bloopers over the credits.

:unsure:

True, I was surprised they kept the name Kapoor. I never caught his first name though. I just called him Chewy during the movie lol

Kapoors' name in the movie was Vincent. And there was a line about parents - one was buddist, second was some kind of christianity (not sure about second though). 

Oh, and the movie itself is enjoyable 'nothing much'. 7/10.

Edited by Charism