Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Never said it's a big deal. And I don't think CWACOM ll did fine. Are you expecting CWACOM lll to happen?

275M WW on a 78M budget. Sony would be dumb not to make a Cloudy 3.

Edited by CJohn

Not a lot less. Certainly kept a bit more of its audience than KFP2.

2011 was an abnormality, imo. No computer animated film made 200 M. That's the only year from 2006 up to now that experience such kind of thing. 2010 was phenomenal for computer animation and 2012 was a good year, too.

Rule number one: CBM movies are never getting great legs, no matter reviews/WOM.

Sorta true -- The last 4 Movies  -- IM3, TDW, MOS, TWS all suffer the same affect (I don't think Amazing SPiderman 2 will be any different).....But overall not bad numbers at all.

@BoxOffice: DRAFT DAY opened with an estimated $3.58M on Friday. #DraftDay@BoxOffice: DIVERGENT took in an estimated $2.35M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $119.73M. #Divergent@BoxOffice: OCULUS opened with an estimated $4.94M on Friday. #Oculus

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

11.9M puts Cap2 on pace for 40-42M for the weekend depending on whether or not it gets a kiddie bump today seeing how it is directly competing for that bump with Rio2.I think the 14M being projected by BO.com was never happening, opening the thread with that number led to expectations getting out of hand.

• Like 1

Poor Kevin Costner. 

I wouldn't cry for him just yet.  

A) Sports films aren't the easiest of sells and with this opening to an estimated 12 mill, it could have a healthy run and do close to 40.

2) His performance in this one is probably his best in maybe 20 years.  This is just my opinion of course, but he is really good in it.

3) The international prospects for this might not look all that bright but I wouldn't be surprised if it does fairly well internationally, nothing outstanding, but maybe 50-60 mill. The NFL is growing internationally and this might play to moderately full theaters in some markets where the NFL is liked.  

• Like 1

@BoxOffice: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in an estimated $11.9M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $129.51M. #CaptainAmerica2

I guess that's better than $11m even :/

Edited by FTF