Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Superman is the most recognizable Superhero in the world.  (Heck Superman '78 adjusts to over 1b WW) . This was not only his 3rd film incarnation but 6th film. He's also had three popular (and a couple of other lesser, not including Animated)  TV series - the last one that recently finished a 10 year run. He has never been off the entertainment radar.  MOS wasn't just some reboot of some under-served mildly popular character that had fallen out of favor. The enormous budget and marketing of the film and a prime spot in the release schedule certainly didn't treat him that way.

To claim that a Captain America film, which many believed to be almost unmarketable Internationally, should have been expected to pass MOS not only on the international front but maybe WW is I believe revisionist history.

That's what I was thinking.   Superman has fallen quite a bit if anyone expects a Cap America movie to outgross it.   Hey...maybe Cap is getting bigger than Supes?

That's why big movies are never released in summer

Awww....was hoping Baumer would have to explain it a third time.   :D   (not good weather.....good weather following a lot of bad weather)

• Like 2

Posted Image

This is what we call great acting folks.

Holy Shit! She was god awful in that movie. I mean terrible. But I didn't hate the movie overall. I think she was just a bad choice for the role. I like her in other stuff.

Now watching an Asylum release, Hold Your Breath.  Katrina Bowden is in it, she's Oz's fiance from American Reunion.  This can't be worse than Lake Placid 2.....can it?

Holy Shit! She was god awful in that movie. I mean terrible. But I didn't hate the movie overall. I think she was just a bad choice for the role. I like her in other stuff.

She was pretty laughable, but I didn't think she's necessarily bad, just iffy. OZ: The Great and Powerful was eh, but not boring.

Are you implying that I should not watch the MTV Movie Awards because they cherish average to terrible acting in movies? I already knew that!  :lol:

No, but anyone taking the award show seriously should just stop.

Edited by Fancyarcher

She was pretty laughable, but I didn't think she's necessarily bad, just iffy. OZ: The Great and Powerful was eh, but not boring.

I thought she was horrible. Her shrieking took me out of the character and movie completely.

Ya'll can stay pressed because it's now officially an MTV award winning performance!

LOL Good for her.

LOL Cucumber fans thought he had it in the bag.

Edited by ECSTASY

Your forgetting Thursday will see a boosted number, since Friday is a holiday. Also drops for Easter 2012 were much better than 2013, and a drop of 40% easily possibly. It could be over 200m by next weekend but it will likely be a few mill short.

Maybe, but Friday is not a holiday for everyone. In fact, both my firm and my client firm have no holiday on Friday. I don't know how many firms actually have a good friday holiday here. 

Most likely, Cap 2 will be at around 190M by Sunday, and reach 200M next Friday - of course, all depends on the IMAX drop. Movies tend to drop slightly more upon losing IMAX than theater loss.