grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Did this MF really say that 88% on RT is... bad?

One of the most influential public figures in Brazil. And also… yep. Metacritic and RT killed people’s brains apparently. The damage that MC represented to the gaming industry is kinda starting showing up at the film side and I blame RT for this.

The reviews that say ‘it sometimes reaches  beyond its grasp’ make me a lot more interested than the ones that just say ‘it’s hilarious!!’ I still have no idea what the plot is and can hopefully keep it that way before seeing it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

One of the most influential public figures in Brazil. And also… yep. Metacritic and RT killed people’s brains apparently. The damage that MC represented to the gaming industry is kinda starting showing up at the film side and I blame RT for this.

i don't know if it's influential but i guess Brasilians understand math by their own 😇

for what i'm understanding it's a movie about our own hypocrisy about gender roles, so everyone is a target. Even plays with the idea we are excited for a Barbie movie who sells barbie with all the pink around and of course with Margot Robbie as the main actress (or we should care less). 🥶

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

i don't know if it's influential but i guess Brasilians understand math by their own 😇

Nah, it’s heavily linked to the kind of ‘perfect’ scores that RT sometimes give to some projects. I feel like there is a lot more chuds reviewing on RT these days than before covid, and it’s crazy to me how I barely recognize most of the people reviewing these days, which is just odd.

4 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Barbie is still getting hate videos though. 

4 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Barbie is still getting hate videos though. 

Films that even hint of feminism will get that. Women exist to look hot and that’s it apparently.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, joselowe said:

I'm shocked some of the biggest news publications like Time Magazine (who had the cast on the cover), New York Post, Wall Street Journal, New York Magazine were among the rotten tomatoes.

Although all of those publications also gave TLM rotten tomatoes.

New York hates barbie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Films that even hint of feminism will get that. Women exist to look hot and that’s it apparently.

Very funny how this brand of hate video (which are all so, so very dumb) somehow think feminism = ugly, which is just bizarre as hell.

47 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I'm saying imagine number of hate videos on YouTube & hate comments on social media if Disney makes a Feminist movie like Barbie.

There is no doubt in my mind that a Feminist Disney Barbie movie would be getting a lot more hate right about now

Now obviously WB Barbie is getting some hate on YouTube, but the haters can only go so far when it comes to attacking the film since it is PG13. Ultimately this movie was marketed to an older audience, and there is no way anybody in their right mind can look at Nicki Minaj barbie music video and claim that this film is being made for little kids lol

Since Disney would never make a pg13 barbie movie that ironically would have opened them up to more attacks.  People would have been accusing the movie of indoctrinating young children, especially if Disney would have cast any lbgt actors in the film and the republicans who are currently running for president would have also gone after the film since it would play into the larger narrative about the culture wars

Edited by roxas11
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Very funny how this brand of hate video (which are all so, so very dumb) somehow think feminism = ugly, which is just bizarre as hell.

It’s not enough to hate women for them, they need to ridicule and destroy them. I’ve lost count on how many tweets I saw of sad, old, fat chuds with small dick energy trying to claim that Margot Robbie isn’t beautiful actually or that she is too old. They tried the same with Brie Larson and Tatiana Maslany after her. They spare Gadot because small panties equals not true feminism on their minds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

I want Barbie to get as much hate videos as possible. I want to know that those turds are mad and helpless to do anything as it is succeeding commercially and critically.

YES, I want to see them seethe and scream at the wall

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Just think to these incels reactions if OPP takes only the 1% less of Barbie on RT 🤣

Oh don't worry, the American ones might hate Oppenheimer too if they get the message especially after they got pissed at the actors leaving the premiere for the strike

Spoiler

They make it very clear that the creation of the bomb destroyed the world as we know it today

Just now, Bobzaruni said:

Oh don't worry, the American ones might hate Oppenheimer too if they get the message especially after they got pissed at the actors leaving the premiere for the strike

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how people expected anything else out of Nolan tbh. The dude has openly said he thinks atomic weapons are the worst thing ever invented and this was something he said long before Oppenheimer was even being made so the fact this was ever in doubt is bizarre to me.